Satoh Beaver vs 5' Brush Hog

/ Satoh Beaver vs 5' Brush Hog #1  

JonV

Tractor
many
I'm trying to find out if a Satoh Beaver can handle a 5' brush hog. I sure a 4' is far more suited for it, but happen to already own a 5 footer w/ a double-sided blade. Just thought I'd ask here before getting the Cat0 pins and swapping them. Thanks for the help.

/ Satoh Beaver vs 5' Brush Hog #2  
Not enough tractor for a bush hog that size.

/ Satoh Beaver vs 5' Brush Hog #3  
I agree with oliver28472.

My S650 (a lot bigger than your Beaver) needed "spin up" time before I cut any grass. Now, it worked but I don't think your Beaver even has the correct rear arms (Beaver is a Cat 0 right?)

Something in the 5' Hog size will be a Cat 1

Raf

/ Satoh Beaver vs 5' Brush Hog #4  
just read your origianl post, sorry...you already knew about the cat0 vs cat1 size difference.

Doesn't that apply to weight as well, not just pin size differences?

/ Satoh Beaver vs 5' Brush Hog
I kind of figured it might be a bit much, but was just curious if anyone had ever tried it. Some of the beaver's did have cat1 hitches and I'm sure that meant nothing more than different arms.

/ Satoh Beaver vs 5' Brush Hog #6  
Don't forget the HP issue, the Beaver and Beaver III just don't have enough horsepower for a 5' brush hog.

/ Satoh Beaver vs 5' Brush Hog #7  
If the tractor will handle the weight,I would give it a try. You can always just cut a 4' strip since you already the 5' cutter.I would also keep a lookout for a 4' cutter to swap for on CL locally.