Parts for '78 Samofa/Mitsubishi diesel?

/ Parts for '78 Samofa/Mitsubishi diesel? #1  

JAY AND EBBEN

Tractor
Zetor 5245, JD 350-B
You have all been of great help with our tractor questions. Here is a new challenge;

I just purchased a steel sailboat in Florida (saving it from being cut up for scrap). It has a marinized 1978 Samofa 4 cylinder DQ 45 diesel (built in Holland) that appears to be in excellent condition however I cannot find much (if any) information about parts for it. My understanding is that is was initially a tractor engine. Samofa was bought out by Mitsubishi shortly after this motor was built. Any leads on parts or general knowledge on this motor would be greatly appreciated. It would be wonderful if the motor can be fully restored... but that would be based on available parts of course!

/ Parts for '78 Samofa/Mitsubishi diesel? #2  
Any part or serial numbers cast into the block head or otherwise? Perhaps post some photos for a visual comparison.

That boat sounds neat...wish others would recognize that there is value in "scrap" that is kept and utilized rather than melted down and sold.

/ Parts for '78 Samofa/Mitsubishi diesel?
I have a few photos and a serial number which I will post as soon as I am able. Thanks for the comment! I have been looking for a boat like this for the past 20 years. I would LOVE to save and rebuild this engine.

Thanks.
J

/ Parts for '78 Samofa/Mitsubishi diesel?
Here are a couple of photos - anybody recognize it? This is not my motor, mine is on a flatbed heading North. But this is the same model.

Serial #116970

The DQ45 uses the same parts as the DQ50 I would guess.

Thank you in advance for ANY leads!

Jay

And a boat photo too. Although is is now in MUCH rougher shape!

Attachments

• SamofaDQ50.png
    SamofaDQ50.png
    571.2 KB · Views: 901
  • maverick1.jpg
    maverick1.jpg
    406.1 KB · Views: 238
   / Parts for '78 Samofa/Mitsubishi diesel? #5  
There is a 4DQ3 & 4DQ5 Mitsubishi engine. I have parts book for them & can supply parts