Angry Beaver project (FEL build)

/ Angry Beaver project (FEL build)
Worked on the lift cylinder mounts today. I made the upper plate long enough to use my current 3"x12" cylinders. Once I can afford the 18" stroke cylinders, I will trim off the extra plate and make it look a little more appealing than just a slab of steel. Lol. Plates have not been welded or even shaped yet. Just got rough measurements and drilled one set of holes.

I may cut the boom xmember off and lower it, just depends on how much OT I get the next week or two as I will use the current twin 3x12" lift cylinders for the bucket curl.

7de72ce6.jpg

879b886f.jpg

Everything on the loader setup has been made removable, only exception are these brackets welded to the trans tunnel. Those will remain there forever...

ff07f451.jpg

e63047e5.jpg

/ Angry Beaver project (FEL build) #12  
Wow, its really coming along. Very nicely done! :thumbsup:

/ Angry Beaver project (FEL build) #13  
Not done with bracing. I was trying to get the uprights and boom arms all setup so I can move the tractor from my shop at work to home. I plan on using 1 1/4" box tube to tie the uprights into the front crossmember that I fabbed up previously for a front snow plow mount and or front weight plates. It consists of a Reese style receiver hitch with 3/8" plates that bolt to the inside of the front frame rails.

Yeah, the bucket mount will be moved farther forward. I've been more worried about getting everything else squared up and installed. I haven't welded the "single" bucket upper mount yet. It's just been sitting in place during all the pics and the current bucket curl mount was from the old economy setup.

Good deal, nice fab work.

/ Angry Beaver project (FEL build) #14  
I've been lurking here watching the progress of this project and hoping to get some good info on installing a FEL on my Beaver. Is there any additional progress to be reported at this time?

Not for a couple weeks. I had to go to Indianapolis to set up all the power and generators for the super bowl. I won't be home for about two weeks..

/ Angry Beaver project (FEL build) #16  
Thanks for the feedback. Will check back from time to time.

You guys should pipe in the "hot air" from Washington D.C.; you could power the entire super bowl venue with free steam.

Well I'm back home from my two month trip in Indy. I ordered the new longer lift cylinders yesterday and will start back up on the project next week when I get settled back in from being gone.

I did pick up a sweet woods blade while I was out there for a measly 150 bucks!

89b6f307.jpg

b98c17ab.jpg

49da7a9c.jpg

412d3466.jpg

/ Angry Beaver project (FEL build) #18  
Umm... that's an awful lot of blade for that little Beaver. I tried running a 60" box blade behind mine.

I ran out of traction. :D

/ Angry Beaver project (FEL build) #20  
That's a mighty tall valve. Almost 18 inches. But should do the job. If I get that far with the FEL on my Beaver, I would consider the 2 SPOOL 7 GPM CROSS SS OC W/ PBYD VALVE that they have for about $150.00 since I am looking for bargain prices.
Keep the information coming.