Angry Beaver project (FEL build)

/ Angry Beaver project (FEL build)
one of these days I want more pics of that loader/backhoe setup...

I might make a BH later on down the road, but for me, for right now the loader is the primary need.

The more I think about it, I will do the joystick control valve, with a power beyond and use one of those two single spool valves I have currently. I'm thinking it could be for the grapple on the bucket, and then angle on the plow... I"ve got an old 6' black blade that I'm thinking abotu converting to a snow plow...but I'm also looking at cheap snowplow setups off of a small pickup or jeep.

/ Angry Beaver project (FEL build) #32  
We just use the same spool for grapple and plow. No reason to have two separate ones.

We just use the same spool for grapple and plow. No reason to have two separate ones.

That's what I meant... The joystick for the up/down and curl then the single spool for the plow or grapple...

Was able to get some work done the last couple days. I rebuilt the bucket. I added new pivot mounts and a new curl/dump mount. I didn't have thR tractor at work so I haven't welded in the cross tube yet. I ground down all the rust, rewelded most of the bucket welds and added a new 1/4"x3" cutting edge. I even made a tooth for the one missing on the tooth bar. Then it was wire wheel time, followed by POR-15 metal ready. (spray on bare and rusted steel and turns white. It gives POR-15 a zinc phosphorous coating to adhere to). I used POR 15 chassis black then misted on some true blue while it was still tacky. Another coat followed by some clear and she'll be good forever!

All i have left to do on the fab Is install the dump cylinder crossmember, then it will be ready for hydraulics!

2661a539.jpg

3c53c64c.jpg

df0280a3.jpg

32e5935b.jpg

4b9d361d.jpg

60dc5311.jpg

a8d4af2e.jpg

/ Angry Beaver project (FEL build) #35  
Was able to get some work done the last couple days. I rebuilt the bucket. I added new pivot mounts and a new curl/dump mount. I didn't have thR tractor at work so I haven't welded in the cross tube yet. I ground down all the rust, rewelded most of the bucket welds and added a new 1/4"x3" cutting edge. I even made a tooth for the one missing on the tooth bar. Then it was wire wheel time, followed by POR-15 metal ready. (spray on bare and rusted steel and turns white. It gives POR-15 a zinc phosphorous coating to adhere to). I used POR 15 chassis black then misted on some true blue while it was still tacky. Another coat followed by some clear and she'll be good forever!

All i have left to do on the fab Is install the dump cylinder crossmember, then it will be ready for hydraulics!

a8d4af2e.jpg

Looking good! I gotta say I like that blue paint, makes it look sharp. :thumbsup:

Thanks. It was the closest match I could find, but slightly brighter. I'm redoing the whole tractor that color. It's darker than the ford/new holland blue.

d323a557.jpg

0d6cc35c.jpg

Before....

fedf70ef.jpg

/ Angry Beaver project (FEL build) #37  
love your project! Just wondering where you sourced your 3 pt hitch arms and how much bending did you have to do to make them work?

Well, I got all the fab work done this week. I shortened the lift cylinders (removed extra material from the shaft when it was fully retracted), added the boom crossmember, made up a removable front hoop, and welded in the center tie support, as well as the rear subframe. All that is left is running some hydraulic lines and hoses and ordering a joystick valve. I don't know if Im going to tap intothe tractor hydraulics or mount my aux pump setup yet.

this is the rear subframe arms. they mount to the rear, right where the three point pivot shaft is. you can't tell from the pics, but the 1 1/2" cross tube bolts on, and then the front of the arms bolt into the main crossmember

839438b7.jpg

b53006c3.jpg

This is the front hoop. It ties the uprights into the front frame crossmember. I still have to drill two holes to boltor pin the removable hoop section into the upright (reciever)

c8d7d547.jpg

bf123b21.jpg

8a0d6762.jpg

583c76fd.jpg

6b374761.jpg

1b3cd56c.jpg

4db847a0.jpg

6025df3f.jpg

18a65a12.jpg

love your project! Just wondering where you sourced your 3 pt hitch arms and how much bending did you have to do to make them work?

they were huge john deere arms, I believe off a 4500 series... I had to heat the living crap out of them and then used my 25K fork lift at work to bend them... they work, and they were free, but they aren't correct. I want to get the right arms.

/ Angry Beaver project (FEL build) #40  
i have the factory arms on mine and was looking to upgrade to something that would handle cat 1 3pt hitch implements. i am making a trip to Valley Power in a couple weeks and hoping he may have something. Mine are twisted up and pieced and welded (badly)back together.