Angry Beaver project (FEL build)

/ Angry Beaver project (FEL build)
thats a good suggestion, but that is honestly too complicated, and will add too much extra weight to the front end of this little power house. I'm going to do something along the lines of john deeres system

70657d1171978928-fel-quick-attachment-ideas-forklift7-john-deere-attach.jpg

That way I can modify the bucket, modify the hay fork cage for a semi quick attach, without adding a ton of weight to the front end. I'll have to make a pivot for the loader arms, and the two dump cylinders I don't have. For right now, I'm just going to widen the mounts to utilize these forks. I have quite a bit of stuff to move and rocks to remove, etc. I'll modify the quick attach this fall when I have more time. I also want to make an adjustable pallet fork cage for it too. I have a lead on a set of 42" forks...

44d0e8ae.jpg

4ee5a938.jpg

Last edited:
Well, I started on my forks today. I went to one of the local scrap yards that sells scrap. Most steel is 25 cents a pound.... The tubing and angle cost me 23 bucks. The 39" forks were 40 bucks a piece.

About two hours, cutting, grinding and fitting. Then about an hour welding. I have not made the mounts yet, as I want to swing by the John Deere dealer and get some measurements on their quick attach system.

5daa6695.jpg

971d7930.jpg

82442fdc.jpg

d7e2c32e.jpg

04ea43cb.jpg

d4da06ed.jpg

e4a331f2.jpg

/ Angry Beaver project (FEL build) #75  
I was wondering if scrap yards might possibly sell. I'm going to have to look into that. Those forks came out nice especially the guard, they sure look plenty strong enough.

Only a few that I've ran across will sell. Most don't have the proper vendor licenses. Some will trade weight if you take in a good amount.

/ Angry Beaver project (FEL build) #77  
Check out my new owner post, I put up some pics of he quick attach that came on my tractor.

/ Angry Beaver project (FEL build) #78  
Did you bend that top rack on the fork mount yourself? That looks very good.

Did you bend that top rack on the fork mount yourself? That looks very good.

I wish I could take credit for that... All the tubing was 1 1/2"x2" 1/4" wall. I cut the "legs" off of the hoop and used that for the top and bottom of the fork "cage". The used some more short pieces for reinforcement between the cage. The hop was already bent that way, and part of the reason I picked up that piece from the scrap yard. I still have some more gussets to add and trimming to do. I'm also goin to make a grapple. Just wanted to update the thread and show some progress. Just because there isn't much money in the setup I didn't want it looking BillHilly.