Mitsu R1500..problems

/ Mitsu R1500..problems #1  

hausscat1983

Tractor
1960's Mitsubishi R1500
My Mitsubishi R1500 was running good until it ran hot, then loss of compression, wouldnt start, fixed the compression loss and i had to set the valves and then started to experience white smoke and loss of power. As you increase the throttle there is a knocking sound, i was told there was too much diesel getting in the cylinder and that i needed an injector. Does that sound right? I am no disesl mechanic and where do you think would be the best place to find parts for this old tractor?

/ Mitsu R1500..problems #2  
Sounds like a head gasket at least. Could the white smoke be steam?

/ Mitsu R1500..problems #3  
I believe if you start it up (cold) and run it with the radiator cap off, you will see bubbles in the radiator fluid if you have a coolant to combustion leak. Another trick I heard is to take the coolant overflow line and submerse it under water and see if that causes bubbles.

But yes, unburn diesel fuel makes for white smoke as well.

/ Mitsu R1500..problems #4  
How did you assess and repair the low compression? How much white smoke are you getting? Does it smell like burning oil or rubber, or does it have a sweeter antifreeze smell? What do you mean by a knocking sound?

Try the tips duwem gave you to check if it could be a head gasket leak. Valley Power sells Mitsubishi and Satoh tractor parts, but it seems wise to figure out what is broken first, before ordering parts.