Mitsubishi D1550 PTO Over-run Clutch

/ Mitsubishi D1550 PTO Over-run Clutch #1  

stevesmit

Tractor
mitsubishi compact
Does the D1550 have an over-run clutch on the PTO Shaft?

/ Mitsubishi D1550 PTO Over-run Clutch #2  
Very likely not. To check, with the tractor off, place the PTO in gear. Then, try to turn the output shaft. If it is able to turn in one direction only, you have an overrunning clutch. If it won't spin either direction, you do not.

/ Mitsubishi D1550 PTO Over-run Clutch
Thanks 284.
I haven't tried that, but when running a topper the intertia of the spinning blades pushes the tractor along on decel. I didn't know whether it should have a clutch if it should then it was probably not working.

/ Mitsubishi D1550 PTO Over-run Clutch #4  
There is no overrunning clutch in your tractor. I don't know the suppliers for the UK except for Yenibiz. Overrunning clutches dramatically improve the safety and usability of these tractors with the heavy cutters or other PTO driven implements that store a lot of energy.

/ Mitsubishi D1550 PTO Over-run Clutch
How do Yenibiz deal? they don't have much info on the web site.

Looks like I can place an order, but the site doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling that the parts will turn up.

/ Mitsubishi D1550 PTO Over-run Clutch #6  
I have never ordered from them, so cannot vouch for them or even share a personal anecdote. I have, on another forum, heard people say they received parts from them, and, while shipping was expensive, their parts were delivered.

If you do order from them, let us know how the purchase goes.

/ Mitsubishi D1550 PTO Over-run Clutch #8  
You should be able to find a clutch off ebay. That's where I got mine. Was something like $60-70 U.S. if memory serves me. Then again, not sure how ebay works over there and if they have many participants in your area to reduce shipping.