need help finding a HYD tap adapter for a Satoh Beaver

/ need help finding a HYD tap adapter for a Satoh Beaver #11  
I think one hole is "out" pressure to feed the auxiliary valve (whether for a loader or remotes etc) and the other is the "in" hole to return high pressure fluid to the three point lift.

/ need help finding a HYD tap adapter for a Satoh Beaver #12  
Ours does not use an auxiliary tank. Only extra hydraulic tank on the tractor is on the backhoe which has its own separate system.

/ need help finding a HYD tap adapter for a Satoh Beaver
I'm still lurking here from time to time, and now I have a new problem. Working on a FEL build for my Beaver, I was eyeballing that particular hydraulic port as just an attachment point to get hydraulic pressure to the three point system from the pump. What does the double O ring setup accomplish? Without having disassembled the connection, I had started making an adapter to bolt on there; only I had envisioned one O ring so cut a large O ring groove into the face of my adapter. Anyway, I haven't completed all the machining so if the part goes into the scrap bin it isn't too large a loss. So, can you explain what the double ports accomplish other than just transferring pressure from pump to three point system?
How much oil will leak from this connection when I remove the three bolts holding the assembly together? At some point, I suppose I'll have to remove those bolts and try to get dimensions for an adapter since what I have now probably won't work.

There won't be much fluid when you take the three bolt cap off... the cap has a bubbe in it where the two ports meet. My only thinking here is that is was a factory connection point..... Now, if you could find another supply line, that would be the easiest to fab up. I dug out some thick scrap today and took measurements...stay tuned

I wouldn't scrap your design just yet... maybe someone more versed in hydraulics can answer. My thinking that you single port tap might work as long as your valve doesn't have a power beyond port... I could be totally off base with this comment so take it for what it is...free internet thoughts...

Ours does not use an auxiliary tank. Only extra hydraulic tank on the tractor is on the backhoe which has its own separate system.

Thank you for the clarification...all along I thought they had them built into the uprights.. I guess I read/researched way too much untilmy head spun... lol

/ need help finding a HYD tap adapter for a Satoh Beaver #15  
I thought they had them built into the uprights.

Many loader frames DO have a reservoir in one of the uprights, but they have their own independent pump.

/ need help finding a HYD tap adapter for a Satoh Beaver #16  
There won't be much fluid when you take the three bolt cap off... the cap has a bubbe in it where the two ports meet. My only thinking here is that is was a factory connection point..... Now, if you could find another supply line, that would be the easiest to fab up. I dug out some thick scrap today and took measurements...stay tuned

I wouldn't scrap your design just yet... maybe someone more versed in hydraulics can answer. My thinking that you single port tap might work as long as your valve doesn't have a power beyond port... I could be totally off base with this comment so take it for what it is...free internet thoughts...

Looking at the diagram, does the valve for the three point divert full pressure through the first port to the lift cylinder with the lever in the up position? Then at the neutral position, it could trap the fluid holding the 3 point in the up position, while dumping pressure through the second port to the reservoir and thus prevent deadheading the pump. In the down position, the pump pressure could continue being diverted to the reservoir, while allowing the trapped fluid in the lift cylinder to also drain to the reservoir.

If that is close to the theory, my idea of simply using an adapter to get hydraulic pressure to the loader with a single port probably can't work. It seems that there would be 0 pressure at my adapter in all but the lift position for the 3 point. Is there a flow diagram for the Beaver hydraulics available?

Looking at the diagram, does the valve for the three point divert full pressure through the first port to the lift cylinder with the lever in the up position? Then at the neutral position, it could trap the fluid holding the 3 point in the up position, while dumping pressure through the second port to the reservoir and thus prevent deadheading the pump. In the down position, the pump pressure could continue being diverted to the reservoir, while allowing the trapped fluid in the lift cylinder to also drain to the reservoir.

If that is close to the theory, my idea of simply using an adapter to get hydraulic pressure to the loader with a single port probably can't work. It seems that there would be 0 pressure at my adapter in all but the lift position for the 3 point. Is there a flow diagram for the Beaver hydraulics available?

I'll double check my repair manual, but I don't remember seeing one...

/ need help finding a HYD tap adapter for a Satoh Beaver #18  
Here are a couple excerpts from the Yanmar manual for a YM240. The principles will be the same. I understand this manual is in the public domain, though I do not know for certain.

Hydraulics3.jpg

Hydraulics.jpg

Hydraulics2.jpg

Hydraulics4.jpg

/ need help finding a HYD tap adapter for a Satoh Beaver #19  
Here are a couple excerpts from the Yanmar manual for a YM240. The principles will be the same. I understand this manual is in the public domain, though I do not know for certain.

From those diagrams, it would seem the Beaver is not set up the same way. It appears the pressure will go to low at any but the lift position. Maybe that's what power beyond means on control valves, there is a position which allows full pressure to another valve somewhere on the tractor. I don't think my Beaver has any kind of isolation valve to accomplish that. With a Beaver flow diagram, it would probably be obvious how to make that happen. Perhaps that little part that F......stang is looking for somehow has the option built in.

In doing a bunch of Google searches I found some info on this site which indicates that by cutting into the line from the pump and installing a loader valve with power beyond in series with the pump and the three point lift system, that will solve the pressure problem. However I am still waiting to find out how that bolt on adapter should work.

Last edited:
   / need help finding a HYD tap adapter for a Satoh Beaver #20  
Maybe that's what power beyond means on control valves, there is a position which allows full pressure to another valve somewhere on the tractor.

Yes, that is correct.

The last picture shows how to use the three point control to actuate a single acting cylinder. It's not particularly applicable to your situation. The block shunts flow from the junction to the loader valve. The loader valve return goesmback to the block, where it is ported to the three point control.

Knowledgeable people have observed this means the return side of the loader valve is subjected to full hydraulic system pressure, which they are generally not designed to withstand. Power beyond would have a return line to the transmission, and the power beyond hose would return to the block, and feed the three point that way.