Beaver Re-do

/ Beaver Re-do
Finally thought to look up the part number for the boot i used on the trans shifter. Looked up for an 2003 Nissan Altima-part number: 48204-8J025. At the time i am typing this, it sells for $15.45.

Now i will note, and you can see from my previous pictures, it is a bit long. I have used the tractor since then and that does not seem to hurt the functionality of it.

/ Beaver Re-do #22  
I bought one years ago at Valley Power. I don't remember exactly how much but I think it was cheaper than that. Seems like it was around 5 bucks.

/ Beaver Re-do #23  
8x16 rim... hmmm, I think that is the size that Bolens used on their tractors. I bought a set of ag's from a guy that wanted turf because the ag's dug in too fast. I built a set of adapters and made them dualie's on my little Ford 1100, making it a 6x4. The Ford 1100 also used the same rim bolt pattern, so that must be a common rim. When I sold the little Ford, I went by and picked up a set of turf tires from a tractor junk yard but the next owner paid for them, so I don't know what they cost.
If you decide you want another set of rims, the ones from the Bolens are in good shape and the tires have been removed (sold, guy didn't need rims). No clue what they are worth but somebody must know...
David from jax

/ Beaver Re-do
finally got back to work on my tractor. i have been using it very little as i never seem to leave work. I ordered new 3 point arms from Hoye Tractor Parts. they fit great with very little modification. The tops of the lift arms bolt to the side of the lift links but still work.

i ordered the kit from here: Yanmar Tractor Parts: Under_20_HP

this is before: 2012-04-22_17-04-04_478.jpg

here is a picture after i installed them.2012-10-05_18-48-37_735.jpg

/ Beaver Re-do
I have been slacking but here as of late i have started back on my project. I didn't have any 3 pt hitch equipment but i have quite a few pieces of sleeve hitch stuff. So after a bit of digging in the junk yard, i came across part of a tool bar. Then some new pins and drill work to make it match up. It was almost dark so the first test was only about 12 ft but tomorrow it will get to plow a friends garden. I snapped a picture but as i said it is pretty dark.

Attachments

• tractorplow.jpg
    tractorplow.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 183
   / Beaver Re-do #26  
Nice toolbar. I have a Brinly plow too but don't think it is that big.

/ Beaver Re-do #27  
Brinly makes 8 10 and 12" plows in sleeve hitch and 12" in cat 0 3pt. Thats a sleeve hitch plow, most likely a 12"

I have quite a few for my JD garden tractors.

I pull a 16" plow with my S373D, but it needs 4wd on and I have 150lb wheel weights on each wheel, bar tires all the way around thats all that thing can handle. A 14 would be a better fit, but it handles the 16 thus far. On a 2wd tractor your not going to be able to handle more than 10 or 12 depending on your ballast, field conditions and desired speed.

On the 3pt adjustors/lift links did you go with adjustable on both sides or just the one?

/ Beaver Re-do
It is a 12 in plow and i have another just like it in my shop. I caught an ad on craigslist about 6 months ago where a lady was selling equipment that belonged to her late husband. I bought 2 plows, a culitvator plow, potato plow, and disc all for a sleeve hitch. i think i paid something like $150 for all of it. I thought it sounded like a pretty good deal.

This tractor is 4x4 and I have the rear wheels fluid filled. Also, my 280 lbs of me on top of that helps. I still found myself using 4x4 as it was a bit wetter then i would have liked. In the clay dirt around here, 12 in is the max i would try to pull with this tractor.

Just one side is adjustable on the lift links. I bought them from a website someone posted on here for Yanmar (i think) tractor parts. I posted about it a page or so back on this thread. They fit with very little mods. The only trouble i have had with them was they were powder coated and the ball sockets were stuck. They broke free pretty quickly with a long bar and some elbow grease.

Last edited:
   / Beaver Re-do #29  
looking nice guys
i need to do some painting on mine, what color blue is this, and do you know where i can fine the stickers

/ Beaver Re-do #30  
Ford Blue

Valley Power.