New 370D owner

/ New 370D owner #41  
Did you say work bench? Lmao

Kinda hard to use the vise though...

353f21e9.jpg

/ New 370D owner
I got to try out the snowplow blade I cobbled together, It works perfect. It think the blade came off an older Lawn tractor it's very heavily built. I can't believe how easily this tractor pushes large amounts of snow. I will definitely do a couple of modifications in the Spring. Hydraulic angle for the blade and widen the blade. I have a question about the differential lock by the foot board of the tractor. I was just reading the owners manual and it says that it is on a spring and you can lock and unlock the diff. The one on my tractor is laying right on the floorboard and I have tried to lift it up out of curiosity before and it wouldn't budge (I had no idea what it was for until a few minutes ago). If the diff is locked all the time is this a problem? I have never noticed any problems with the operation of the tractor.
IMG_20130129_162857.jpgIMG_20130129_162923.jpgIMG_20130129_162932.jpg

/ New 370D owner #43  
You probably ought to get some PB Blaster or other good penetrating oil and get that loosened up. I would think it would be hard on the differential to be locked all the time. I've heard of this with others too. My Mitsubishi 1450 is similar to the 373 and the 470 as well except for the 470 having a larger engine. When I got the 1450, it was froze up the same way. I think I was able to take a hammer and gently tap on the back side of that little pedal to make it pivot back up. I used some PB.

/ New 370D owner #44  
Chances are your differential is not in the locked position. If it was it would be very noticable going around corners to the point that you'll skid one of the rear tires and it will be very difficult to steer especially on concrete or pavement. I had the same problem with mine and once I freed it up where it goes into the transmission case all was well.

/ New 370D owner #45  
Diff lock foot pedal is a little deceptive.

Make a turn, if the inner wheel is skidding/pushing, the diff lock is stuck on.

If its not, stop, press down on the foot pedal, and repeat. May stay locked in even if you let off the pedal till you stop moving or change directions as it will tend to stay engaged when your putting power though the rear wheels.

/ New 370D owner #46  
Demigod, mine is the exact same way. I pay it no attention.

I use my right/left brakes all the time when I'm shredding. I figure it wouldn't turn right if it were locked into position.

/ New 370D owner #47  
Just got a 370d myself, mine was stuck engauged also. I sprayed the pedal and lever with PB, took the pedal off. and used a hamer and pry bar to move back and forth till it loosened up. Well worth the 15 min to fix. Its alot easier to turn in and out of tight places now.

/ New 370D owner
Thanks for all the info. It must not be engaged then. I will see about freeing it up and making it functional cuz' I had to tow my snowmobile up from the backyard through some deep snow and I had to keep pulling myself forward with the plow blade. If I had diff lock I don't think I would have been getting stuck. Thanks again.

/ New 370D owner #49  
Yes, you'll want a functional differential lock. I wish these tractors came with front differntial lock sometimes. Occasionally you'll wind up with the tractor "teetering" on the ground where one tire on the front and rear are basically in the air. Differential lock is a life-saver then as well as in other circumstances.

/ New 370D owner
Well, I've sold my Beaver with all of the attachments except the pallet forks. I found a good deal on a 2004 3 cylinder diesel cub cadet 7264 with FEL and front mounted snowblower. I wanted to mention before I left this forum that I found what I think is a pretty nice and very lightweight quick attack from these folks Skid Steer Mini Universal Adapter
It's what I'm going to weld or bolt to my cub and is what I had on my Beaver. The plates to go to your attachments can be found on Ebay pre made usually under Dingo or Vermeer attachments, but they are very easy to make from plate and flatstock if you have a welder.