New 370D owner

/ New 370D owner #1  

demigodofa

Bronze Member
Tractor
Cub Cadet 7264
Just purchased my first small tractor, I bought it off of a friend that was done using it. I thought I would post a picture of it's first job after I changed all of the fluids. The first thing I need is some weight in the rear. This tractor will lift anything at idle, I LOVE IT!

IMG_20120627_163521.jpg

/ New 370D owner
I was curious if anyone has sourced a comparable front rim for this tractor? I scoured through old posts but couldn't seem to find an answer.

/ New 370D owner #3  
I suspect valley power can help you out. But what I really want to know about is that loader I have never seen one with the holes in the frame like that.

/ New 370D owner #4  
you probably can still score a used rim with tire from Valley. When i got my rear wheel from them, they had at least 2 fronts there.

/ New 370D owner
Yeah, the loader appears to be factory made. And very strong.I will try to attach another picture of it

/ New 370D owner #6  
Yeah, the loader appears to be factory made. And very strong.I will try to attach another picture of it

That is not a factory made loader.

Two companies made loaders. They were BlackHawk and Swartz. Both have been of business for years. They both used retangular tubing. Those arms are cut out of thick, heavy solid steel. It looks well built, but honestly a little over kill for our little tractors. Just be careful of over loading that front axle. they are very pricey to replace and break fairly easy. Welcome to the board. Awesome little tractor you have there!!!

/ New 370D owner #7  
If you search on my username in this forum, you will find a number of pictures of my S370 with Blackhawk loader and hoe.

/ New 370D owner #8  
Just be careful of over loading that front axle. they are very pricey to replace and break fairly easy...

Indeed. In fact, it is highly questionable whether or not the original designers of these size tractors gave any thought to the installation of loaders for them from a capacity standpoint at all. In any case, I'd make sure the relief valve on the loader controller is set rather low to help avoid inadvertently breaking something. I've heard where the rated capacity is only about 500 lbs and that is easy to achieve with two cylinders and 1900 psig of hydraulic pressure possibly going to each of them.

/ New 370D owner
Good advise on the lifting capacity of the loader vs. what the tractor can handle. I don't have any weight in the rear end so I figure if the rear tires come off the ground I shouldn't lift it. That being said I always like to push the envelope a little and I have some old weight lifting plates that I think I'm going to bolt to the rear rims for weight. In everyone's opinion what is a "reasonable" amount of weight?

IMG_20120622_210613.jpgIMG_20120622_210601.jpgIMG_20120622_210547.jpg

/ New 370D owner
What parts of the front end are susceptible to breaking? I try to baby it and only run it a little above idle, but..... I tend to push things sometimes. I guess if it breaks it breaks. I'm thinking of drilling and tapping a few more holes for the front rims. I don't think it will weaken the hub and 4 bolts just seems a little weak. I work for a welding company so I'm thinking of making some brass "lugs" and setting the egged out rims over them and welding around the brass to fill in the wasted away metal and hopefully make them like new. The front bolts were loose when I received the tractor. (I read in another post that this and not keeping the clutch pedal locked down in storage are no-no's) I have enjoyed reading eveyones previous posts on these tractors by the way, VERY informative.