Mitsubishi rear end fluid overflowing

/ Mitsubishi rear end fluid overflowing #1  

Valveman

Platinum Member
Tractor
International, Kubota, Komatsu
I have a mitsubishi 3205 with a strange problem. The rear end fluid under the seat is also used for the hydraulics. when you run it the trans fluid is coming out the u-vent behind the seat. When you open the fill cap with dip stick under the seat, the oil flows out all over the place. I have not added any fluid, and it is still overflowing. All the hydraulics still work so the pump is getting fluid. But the lower half must be empty and something is bocking the flow back to the bottom of the rear end. What could be blocked?

/ Mitsubishi rear end fluid overflowing #2  
look to see if the shifter boot is torn. alot of times when tractors sit outside with torn boots, the trans/rear get a ton of water in it over time.....this could be your issue.....

/ Mitsubishi rear end fluid overflowing
Thanks for the reply. The boot over the shifter if good. Also there is a dipstick next to the shifter that shows the correct level. It also seems to be a thicker, clear oil in the transmission by the shifter. The oil under the seat is black and thinner. I don't think the two are connected. I even lost a gallon or so when changing the filter, and it is still way overfull. Been around tractors all my life and this is an unusual problem. Any more ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks

Update! Still can't figure it out but I had to mow some weeds. Noticed that the back plow attachment goes down really slow. Goes up fine and the front end loader works fine. Just slow going down with the back equipment. It has got to be related to the overfill problem. Any idea?

/ Mitsubishi rear end fluid overflowing #5  
There should be a speed adjustment "valve" or knob on it.... It should be under the seat somewhere. That is to adjust for different weights of implements. It limits flow to the cylinder in the down position only.

Thanks. I will take a look.

There should be a speed adjustment "valve" or knob on it.... It should be under the seat somewhere. That is to adjust for different weights of implements. It limits flow to the cylinder in the down position only.

I found it! It is only a 1/4 turn valve and it is right next to the oil fill port with the dip stick, that reads way too high an oil level in the rear end. I must have accidentially hit it digging around down there. It did make the rear plow lower a quickly as ever, but didn't do anything to lower the rear end oil level. :(

The only thing I have added oil to is the front end. I put in a couple of quarts of 85W becasue the rear seal leaks a little. But I don't think that oil can get to the rear end? Still baffled!