was this worth 1800 bucks?

/ was this worth 1800 bucks? #1  

Freakingstang

Gold Member
Tractor
s370d
been looking for a second 4 wheel drive beaver or beaver 3, as well as a pto reverser...

After cruising craiglist, I ran across this gem. Bought it from the original owners son. I didn't get any paperwork with it though...

bought new in 1978 in New knoxville, Ohio. Purchased with the Blackhawk Loader and Master 48" finish mower. It is all original, except one front tire, seat, and the battery. sat in a barn and was only used for "brush hogging" and snow removal. the mower is a CCW mower and has been on it since they day it was new. All the decals are in extremely good shape. Just needs some cleaning up... NO PTO reverser though..... and it is still cat 0.... oh well what to do.... lol

The front end has a busted ujoint inside it. I got all the parts and some extra joints to put it back together, but as of now, its just a 2 wheel drive.

cd46fd33.jpg

853d743e.jpg

3d661857.jpg

2824be99.jpg

3d192afa.jpg

a1f9ead9.jpg

5eeb5cdd.jpg

2b488722.jpg

/ was this worth 1800 bucks? #2  
Saweeeet!

Now all you need to do is find a Blackhawk backhoe.

/ was this worth 1800 bucks?
would love to.... I may ending up making a quick attach front mount hoe....

/ was this worth 1800 bucks? #4  
Looks like a pretty good deal you make there. Enjoy that "new" tractor.

Ken

/ was this worth 1800 bucks? #6  
Yep, I'd say worth it. Don't see many around in that shape with a loader for that price. Nice catch :thumbsup:

/ was this worth 1800 bucks? #7  
Place down the road has a Beaver listed on CL. No loader but it does have various attachments including a snow blower. He wants about $5,000. I was tempted for a minute or two but the price bothers me and for my needs in another tractor, HST is the way I will go.

/ was this worth 1800 bucks? #8  
Yeah it seems like a pretty good deal. Nice Job.

/ was this worth 1800 bucks? #9  
You already know the answer to your own question...enjoy it.

/ was this worth 1800 bucks?
Place down the road has a Beaver listed on CL. No loader but it does have various attachments including a snow blower. He wants about $5,000. I was tempted for a minute or two but the price bothers me and for my needs in another tractor, HST is the way I will go.

you know, part of me wants to trade in all my junk on a new BX.. hydro sure is nice... I have the bota for mowing, the beaver 1 for utility work,and beaver 2 for the brunt of everything else. Didn't need this at all...I plan on taking some measurements off of the black hawk and making one or two loaders. I've got a few people that I'm going to talk to about possible making a batch of them... I wanted to see how well they were built compared to mine... other than geometry, I think my own build is quite a bit stouter.... I would like to weigh them also. If I end up keeping both, there is a very good chance I will try and put a Kubota HST in one of them.. I don't need a huge tractor. heck, I don't need the couple that I do have but, whats the fun in just buying soemthing? lol beside the hst gearbox would fix the backwards pto problem...

I'm wondering if the 4' Befco brush hog I have will handle being run CCW... I'm thinking maybe soem left hand bolts and nuts for the blade? the gearbox shouldn't care which direction it turns.....