Post pics of your BUCK

/ Post pics of your BUCK #11  
buckcrop.JPG

There's mine, with no attachments at that moment.
S470, 2wd. About 850 hours, starts right up, smooth and powerful. With the RM48 three-blade mower it cuts tall pasture grass over the hood, I just need to go slow and keep an eye on the temp warning light. When it is running with governor wide open and starts blowing some black smoke I know that overheating can start creeping up. This summer I would park it on top of the running sprinkler until the temp light went off. I keep the radiator clean and the coolant is fresh, but there's a limit to how much 18 HP can do.

/ Post pics of your BUCK
I have the same tractor with the RM48 with side discharge, I couldn't really mow my "pasture" with grass over my hood without the discharge shoot getting all clogged up. Hence the reason I talked my wife into letting me buy a bush hog. Which I love, but again, I WISH I had bought a 48" instead of the 42".!
0701111235a.jpg With the RM 48

/ Post pics of your BUCK #13  
View attachment 277660
I keep the radiator clean and the coolant is fresh, but there's a limit to how much 18 HP can do.

From the best I can tell, the same size radiator was used for all engines from the KE70 (rated at ~13 hp) to the K3B (~18 hp), and maybe even more outside this range. Certainly the K3B is going to have more heat rejection requirements than the KE70 so at some point this cooling system will reach it's limit. The K3B might be pusing it a bit. As you stated, it is very important to keep a clean, straight radiator and adequate air/coolant flow through the system.

/ Post pics of your BUCK #14  
I have the same tractor with the RM48 with side discharge, I couldn't really mow my "pasture" with grass over my hood without the discharge shoot getting all clogged up. Hence the reason I talked my wife into letting me buy a bush hog. Which I love, but again, I WISH I had bought a 48" instead of the 42".!
View attachment 277664 With the RM 48

I took off both side plates so the grass clippings just go right out. I also run it in PTO speed 3 (which is overspeed I know) Running it in low-2nd or low-1st gear, it can tend to get bogged on the higher PTO speed. With the PTO in speed 2 it doesn't tend to bog down as much but you have to go in low-first gear or it misses too much grass. It makes a messy cut but hey, it's farm grass not a suburban lawn.

/ Post pics of your BUCK #15  
How long does your belt last?

/ Post pics of your BUCK #16  
I just found a buck that I was going to buy. It had right around 1K hours on it. Guy had tore it down as he bought it with a loader at an auction. He got it running, but not right. It had wiped out the cam bearings, actually it completely ate through the bearings and into the block! Anyone else ran into this?

My beaver (KE75 15hp 2 cyl) over heated while brush hogging with a 4'. I ended up taking the radiator down to the the repair shop and had it cleaned and checked out. It had a small pinhole and was really corroded inside. She runs great now!. I want a Buck or a Beaver 3 just for the CW pto...

/ Post pics of your BUCK #17  
Did you buy it yet? Post some pics of you did :thumbsup:

/ Post pics of your BUCK #18  
Haven't heard of the cam eating into the block. My radiator needs to be re-cored. Has several flues soldered shut due to one or more roll overs. It has been rolled three separate times, none of them mine so far.

/ Post pics of your BUCK #19  
no I didn't buy it. The guy started parting it out and is about 8 hours away. i might end up with the running gear, and i might put my 2cyl motor on it

/ Post pics of your BUCK #20  
Is the Buck 4wd and how complete is it?