Post pics of your BUCK

/ Post pics of your BUCK #1  

Dsavage

Tractor
Satoh S470D Buck
I haven't seen any post of BUCK pics.. Mostly Beavers..
I'm trying to get idea's for a few things I'd like to do to my Buck.
1. Head light housing.. Mines all busted up.
2. Paint.. Mine needs a paint job
3. Tires, i'm wonding what people are running for tires.

And in general, what your buck looks like..to give me other idea's..

Mine.. photo.JPG

/ Post pics of your BUCK
and I have NO IDEA, why that tire is on backwards.. not my doing.! lol

/ Post pics of your BUCK #3  
Here is the mighty Buck, in my family since new. The blue one is my Mitsubishi 1450, and then there's that 48" Bush Hog I just bought for $325.

Attachments

• tractors 001.jpg
    tractors 001.jpg
    453.4 KB · Views: 219
  • tractors 002.jpg
    tractors 002.jpg
    507.4 KB · Views: 279
  • tractors 003.jpg
    tractors 003.jpg
    440.3 KB · Views: 192
  • tractors 004.jpg
    tractors 004.jpg
    467.8 KB · Views: 276
  • tractors 005.jpg
    tractors 005.jpg
    539.4 KB · Views: 170
   / Post pics of your BUCK #4  
Here is the mighty Buck, in my family since new. The blue one is my Mitsubishi 1450, and then there's that 48" Bush Hog I just bought for $325.

Any major issues with the engines in either of those? The Mitsubishi KE and K3 engines seem to be pretty reliable. How many hours on each? Thanks!

/ Post pics of your BUCK
Mine has a little over 700 hrs.. Only issue is over heating. I've reciently gutted out my termostat, to really open it up. That seems to be working
great.

WISH I had bought a 48" bush hog instead of the 42"..!! I didn't think the buck would handle a 48" in 4ft tall gras.. but now that I've used the 42" I think
a 48" would have been FINE....
ANyone wanna trade.?? lol

/ Post pics of your BUCK #6  
I'm curious to see how many hours people have put on these engines w/o an overhaul. I have one with 950 and one with 1050. At least I think it's 1050. I don't know why the hour meters only came with three digits + tenths - maybe indicating these tractors were only designed for 1000 hours (?)

Also, on the radiator, from taking apart a few of these, the fins tend to plug up with dirt/grass/etc. drastically reducing the radiators effectiveness. You might want to try to flush out the fins with a garden hose. Keep it fairly low-pressure as you can bend the fins fairly easily. Also check for bent fins that block airflow. I know access to the radiator is tough, doing a cleaning well usually involves removing it.

/ Post pics of your BUCK #7  
My Buck had to be rebuilt many years ago after oil seeped by the rings. It was a gravity thing and that also explains why the sheet metal is not perfect. My father tried to start it after getting it back upright. The rods got bent in the process. Like I said, many years ago and the tach cable has been broke at least 15 years ago. The Buck starts almost always without glow plugs and is very strong. It has had a pretty easy life since I bought the 1450, which does all the mowing. The bush hog in the picture above will go on the Buck soon after I finish spraying glyphosate at the church and manse. I might need a temp gauge too, Dsavage! The 1450 registered 325 hours on it when I bought it in 96. I've put over 1000 hrs on it since then with no problems. I built screens for both tractors radiators. Used 1/4" plywood and door screen stapled on. Had to hammer in the staples to get them on in there. Works perfect.

/ Post pics of your BUCK
My Buck had to be rebuilt many years ago after oil seeped by the rings. It was a gravity thing and that also explains why the sheet metal is not perfect. My father tried to start it after getting it back upright. The rods got bent in the process. Like I said, many years ago and the tach cable has been broke at least 15 years ago. The Buck starts almost always without glow plugs and is very strong. It has had a pretty easy life since I bought the 1450, which does all the mowing. The bush hog in the picture above will go on the Buck soon after I finish spraying glyphosate at the church and manse. I might need a temp gauge too, Dsavage! The 1450 registered 325 hours on it when I bought it in 96. I've put over 1000 hrs on it since then with no problems. I built screens for both tractors radiators. Used 1/4" plywood and door screen stapled on. Had to hammer in the staples to get them on in there. Works perfect.

I used mine last night for a while, testing it out. I still wasn't able to thread the new one in that far, but I've got a couple threads in. It held fine. Worked the tractor to 160 Deg, with no problems. I've got to look in the book to find out what the opt. working temp is, and what is "TOO high"...
Mechanical gauge is nice, but I could have probably just replaces the electrical one at the dash and called it good.

/ Post pics of your BUCK #9  
Too high is probably around 230 deg F. That is about what the original thermo-switch was set at. A good working temp, based on other engines, is probably around 190-ish. There is such a thing as 'too cold' an operating temp also, hence why working thermostats are nice.

/ Post pics of your BUCK
Ya, I need to find a thermostat. Mine was stuck shut, and I couldn't find one at Napa to fit. So I gutted mine, at least for the summer months.
I'm bush hogging a 10 acre field at is about 4ft tall.. so she works pretty hard.
With a 42" bush hog, I do a little here and there.. I'll get it done before it snows.!