value of Mitsubishi mt2001 2wd

/ value of Mitsubishi mt2001 2wd #1  

COBRA5LADDICT

Tractor
MITSUBISHI
5L85F55H33Kf3G43Lec9a540fe91c5c4f1651.jpgmitsubishi MT 2001 2wd. the owner says it is a 23.5 hp. the unit has a front end loader 900 lb capacity (5 years old) and a rear blade.
the clutch is stuck but i would think the kerosene trick would work as it has not been stuck for too long. anyone have an idea on value?

/ value of Mitsubishi mt2001 2wd #2  
If the clutch ends up needing to be replaced do you have the ability, tools, and time to repair it yourself? If not this bargain tractor has the potential to really cost you in the end. That said, assuming all other systems on the tractor are good I would expect to pay $1500-2000 for it with the problem you described.

If the tractor was all good, no problems I would call it's value in the $3500-4000 dollar range.

Ken

/ value of Mitsubishi mt2001 2wd
Thank you very much for the feedback. On another note, does Anyone know the pto rotation on this unit and is it compatible with popular brush hog pull behind mow decks?

Last edited:
   / value of Mitsubishi mt2001 2wd #4  
I'm pretty sure everything was clockwise (preferred) by the time this tractor was built. Shouldn't have any problem finding a three point hitch mow deck and/or brush hog. The only pull behinds I know of are the Swisher brand that have their own engine.

The owner mentioned that the clutch has been stuck before and he has been able to get it free using kerosene. is that a typical problem for these little tractors or does this pariticular one hae an issue that will cause a clutch replacement. i am buying a tractor to help me save time on landscaping 1 acre. i have the experience to replace the clutch however do not have the time.

/ value of Mitsubishi mt2001 2wd #6  
I wouldn't say it is common. Did this tractor sit outside? I'd say that if you get it unstuck it should be fine if you use it often. Never heard of using kerosene.

/ value of Mitsubishi mt2001 2wd #7  
The owner mentioned that the clutch has been stuck before and he has been able to get it free using kerosene. is that a typical problem for these little tractors or does this pariticular one hae an issue that will cause a clutch replacement. i am buying a tractor to help me save time on landscaping 1 acre. i have the experience to replace the clutch however do not have the time.

It's not an uncommon problem if the tractor is allowed to sit for awhile between uses. The best advise is to use a wood block to hold down the clutch pedal to disengage the clutch when parked. As for using kerosene to free up the disc, I've never heard of that before. As kerosene is slighty oily I'd be concerned that the disc is contaminated and might start slipping. All in all, if you can purchase it for what you consider a good price I'd say go ahead and get it.

Ken

/ value of Mitsubishi mt2001 2wd #8  
It may even have a little lever to hold the clutch down when in storage. Evidence that the manufacturer of the tractor intended it to be the storage position.

What other chemical could i use to soak the disc and try to break it free. brake parts cleaner would not leave a residue however woudl be more flamable. i would guess the kerosene works because it penetrates but does not evaporate quickly.

/ value of Mitsubishi mt2001 2wd #10  
There are several other non-chemical methods that might work. If you can get a back wheel off the ground while you get it started then with the clutch pressed all the way in, suddenly let it down. I did that with a 65 Mustang I used to have. Others get the tractor going with the clutch blocked down and pull something heavy around.