Satoh S630D Bull 3 Point

/ Satoh S630D Bull 3 Point #1  

fsdan

Tractor
Satoh S630 Bull
Need a little help with this tractor. I just purchased this tractor from an individual, and mechanically everything worked fine when I tested drove it. It has a Great Bend 2030 loader on it, it work the PTO works, and the 3 point would raise and lower. Well, I purchased the tractor, loaded it on a trailer, and brought it home. I parked it in my shop, and checked fluids, greased the bearings, etc and did a little cleaning on it.

Yesterday, I purchased a box blade for it. I went to go and hook up to the box blade to move some dirt around, and for some reason, the 3 point won't raise or lower. It worked fine a couple of days previously. The loaded raises, lowers, tilts ect. The PTO works in all 4 speeds as well.

With a little internet research, it appears as though if the hydraulic filter gets clogged up, the 3 point won't work. So, last night I drained the hydraulic oil and cleaned up the filter. The filter was in pretty good shape, which had/has me a bit worried. I put in new hydraulic oil this evening. Still, have nothing when it comes to raising or lowering the 3 point. It appears as though there is a flow control switch under the seat. I assume that when it is aimed towards the left side of the tractor, that the flow is all the way opened up, and closed when it points to the right???? I tried it both ways, and still don't have anything. I wanted to check with anybody who has some experience with this tractor first before I tear into this thing. Hopefully I am missing something simple. Just frustrated that everything worked fine when I bought it, and now the 3 point won't work. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for the my first post being so long, but wanted to give as many details as possible. Thanks in advance!

/ Satoh S630D Bull 3 Point #2  
I don't have experience with that particular model but it seems like it might be similar to mine. The valve under the seat generally only controls the speed with which it goes down.

Is it making any noise when you try to raise the implement? In other words does it sound like it is trying to do something?

/ Satoh S630D Bull 3 Point
It doesn't make any noise at all when you try to raise or lower the 3 point. It acts like something is broken, a valve is locked up, or the hydraulic flow is turned off.

/ Satoh S630D Bull 3 Point #4  
I have the same tractor, with a loader as well. One thing I notice with mine is that the loader will not lower if the three point is all the way up. My loader gets hydraulic pressure from an adapter on top of the trans housing, which goes between the pressure feed from the pump and the 3-point. I'm wondering if the problem you have could be to do with that?

Motomedic,

Thanks for the suggestions. I tried different sequences of the loader up/down etc. and still have nothing for the 3 point. So, I tore into it tonight. Pretty sure I found the problem. When I removed the lift arms and housing I set it upside down on my bench. I started taking the control valve apart, I noticed a few metal flakes on the little pistons. So, I checked out the piston that is in the cylinder. The piston would not move. I had to use a punch in order to free it up. The end of the piston is a bit galded, but not bad. So, looks like I will take apart the relief valve, control valve and clean them up good. I will also have to do a bit of work on the piston to get it polished back up. So, apparantely that trailer ride home must have shaken up the metal shavings after all.

/ Satoh S630D Bull 3 Point #6  
Sorry it wasn't the simple fix I was hoping it was for ya, but sounds like you found the issue, and will have it fixed up soon.

I just came in for lunch after working on mine, the steering box gave out the other day.:thumbdown:

/ Satoh S630D Bull 3 Point #7  
Yah, I think you found the issue. Sounds like you know what you are doing so won't warn about changing diameters and ect. Parts are available, but expensive. I am now selling mine, but I wish I had put a 10 micron filter in return line from my loader about 20 years ago. This is an awesome tractor for it's hp. Message me through TBN with any issues or questons with this tractor and I will try to help. I do not check this forum very often. Don

/ Satoh S630D Bull 3 Point #8  
BYT, the weak point of this tractor is the steering box. If you have the loader under a heavy load, use loader to lift frontend to turn wheels. I just replaced mine with a used one for $500. I do not check this forum very often but message me through TBN with any questions or issues and I will try to help. I have had mine for over 20 years. Don

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Just an update on my 3 point not working. I found a couple of different issues. There was a metal flake lodged in the control valve, as well as the piston in the cylinder was stuck. Tore everything apart, cleaned and polished, then put it back together. Everything works like a clock now! Put a couple of LED lights up front, and a halogen light on the rear. Ready for the snow! Thanks for all of your help and suggestions.

Dan

/ Satoh S630D Bull 3 Point #10  
HY hey i have a Satoh S630D Bull every thing works great as long as im in low range but when i shift out of low range into mid or high range i loose power it wont even pull in 1'frist or 2's gear when i put it in high range any one have any ideal what i may need to check thanks Bob the bull rider....