Mitsubishi S373D

/ Mitsubishi S373D #2  
Welcome to the forum. Try posting your question in the brand specific forum. You'l get better responce there.

/ Mitsubishi S373D #3  
:welcome: to TBN. Try asking in one of our specific forums where most of the gurus hang out.

/ Mitsubishi S373D #4  
Welcome from Oklahoma. Agree with reposting in the Mitsubishi/Satoh section. Also, when you repost tell us what you're trying to do. I don't know if you are needing information on repairing the wiring to your factory switch, or if you're tring to install an aftermarket switch and need to know how to hook your wires correctly. Also, tell us what the problem was that made you think the switch needs repair/replacement.

Ken

/ Mitsubishi S373D #5  
After doing some research, I discovered that there are manuals that you can purchase that shows the wiring diagrams. There are also after market switches for sale. I couldn't find any free downloads. Welcome aboard. Best wishes.

/ Mitsubishi S373D
I got a after market switch an put it in ,every thing works. There is one thing I am wondering about my heat indicator? [ guess that what's it ] stay's hot, once the tractor is running Is this normal? Can you get me the web link to the place were I can order A operator manual and a repair manual for my Mitsubishi S373D tractor.

/ Mitsubishi S373D #8  
Leonard Sheaffer can supply manuals (parts and service) for the S373D:

Sheaffer's Town & Country Tractor

The glow indicator should only have power when the switch is in the "pre-heat/glow" position. The glow plugs should have power in both the switch pre-heat and start positions.

/ Mitsubishi S373D #9  
I have a S373D, Beaver III. I also have the original worn Instruction Book.
This is from the Instruction Book, page 6, step 3 from section on how to start.
"3. Insert the starter key into the key switch and turn it counterclock-
wise and hold it at "Heat" position to heat the glow plugs. As soon
as the glow signal on the instrument panle glows red, about 30 seconds
later rapidly turn the key to the "Start" position and the starter
motor will rotate and the engine will start.
4. When the engine is started, take your hand off the key and the key
then automatically returns to the "ON" position. The key must be
in the "ON" position while the engine is running. "

On mine the glow plugs are only warm while I am holding the key in the HEAT position.
I seldom use the glow plugs since I live in South Carolina.
Let me know if you want any more info from the "Instruction Book" that I have.
:)

/ Mitsubishi S373D #10  
On mine the glow plugs are only warm while I am holding the key in the HEAT position.

Not to be picky, but this is important for people to understand. The glow plugs have power when the key is in the "heat" and "start" positions. In the start position, the glow indicator is by-passed so it will not illuminate. Having power to the glow plugs helps the engine start while cranking and that's why this is done. If you look carefully at the factory wiring diagram you'll see the glow plugs are powered off the start switch through the glow indicator and also have wiring that feeds them that by-pass the indicator. This is when it is in the "start" position.