S650G Help

/ S650G Help #1  

Truckman

Tractor
Satoh S650G
Hello, anyone out there have a good part number for a replacement mechanical fuel pump for this tractor? Or a suitable low pressure electric fuel pump? Pretty sure the diaphragm in mine is shot, when the tank is full it will run right through the pump and out on the floor. Any ideas? Thanks, Truckman

/ S650G Help #2  
I found this on an older thread using search:

New ones are no longer available. I have replacement parts to rebuild yours or rebuilt pumps to replace yours. Bill - satohparts.com - 1-800-609-5110

/ S650G Help
I found this on an older thread using search:

New ones are no longer available. I have replacement parts to rebuild yours or rebuilt pumps to replace yours. Bill - satohparts.com - 1-800-609-5110

Thanks for the info but I spoke to Bill and these are no longer available. We disassembled th mechanical pump and thoroughly cleaned it and after remounting it to the block cranked it over and we had fuel coming out the line where it attaches to the top of the carb. It reads pulses of about 3psi on an in-line fuel pressure gauge. Is that enough or should it be higher? Also can anyone tell me what kind of volume it should put out? We have been able to get it to idle on brake cleaner but haven't been able to get enough fuel through the carb. Any ideas? Thanks, Truckman

Last edited:
   / S650G Help #4  
Did you ask Bill about the replacement parts to rebuild your pump?

/ S650G Help
Did you ask Bill about the replacement parts to rebuild your pump?

He said there are no rebuild kits. The factory that made the diaphragm has closed. I will try and post some pics of the carb tomorrow.

/ S650G Help #6  
There is a filter in the line where it attaches to the carb. I'd replace it with an inline filter since it is fairly expensize. I do have one NOS S650 fuel pump & a couple used ones. Also electric fuel pump kits.

/ S650G Help #7  
they very rarely need a fuel pump
usually it's a clogged carburetor
try rebuilding the carburetor FIRST
click here = Satoh