Mitsubishi s-630 d bull

/ Mitsubishi s-630 d bull #1  

timrj

Tractor
John deere 2640, 43 Ford 9N, 08 craftsman 48in. lawn mower, Mitsubishi s-630 d
Hi I have a mitsubishi s-630d bull and I have never run one before so I need help with the trans gears, on the left shiftier it's marked 1-2-3-4-PTO, and on the right shiftier it's marked 1-2-3-R, so I wont to know what dose what.
So if anyone can tell me I will appreciate the help, Thanks. :confused3:

/ Mitsubishi s-630 d bull #2  
The lever marked PTO activates the PTO drive at the rear of the tractor. Unless you have an original Japanese tiller, you will only use first gear on the PTO to drive things like a tiller, mower, or other implements.

The right hand shifter is your speed selector for the wheels. Unlike a car, in a tractor you don't shift on the move. Select the gear you want, then ease out on the clutch. Then adjust the speed with the hand throttle.

There will also be a lever for the four wheel drive engagement, and one for high and low range. That gives you six forward and two reverse speeds.

/ Mitsubishi s-630 d bull
Thanks, can you tell me where the Hi/Lo range lever is? I do know where the four wheel drive engagement is.

/ Mitsubishi s-630 d bull #4  
It will be the other lever on the side of the transmission housing, I don't know offhand where it is on the bull.

Thanks I'll look at it again later, now we have not driven the tractor because the guy I got it from told me it is jammed in Lo range, is there any thing you can think of for how to get it unjammed if that's the problem?

/ Mitsubishi s-630 d bull #6  
First step would be to spray down the area where the handle pivot point goes into the transmission case with WD-40 or some penetrating oil and try to "wiggle" it the best you can to get the oil to soak in. I've seen that area get corroded/gummed-up on one of mine and that can cause it to not operate. Next step would be to pop the transmission case cover and inspect what you have going on inside.

Okay I'll try that and were going to try driving it around to see if all the gears work

/ Mitsubishi s-630 d bull #8  
Just don't put too much force on the lever, it will bend or break something. Do as suggested, spray it thoroughly with a penetrating lubricant, and try it later. If that doesn't do it, pull the cover off, and you will probably find a milky colored fluid, indicating water in the fluid. The shift fork may be corroded in place, or blocked by rust somewhere. It is easy to break or bend something expensive or impossible to find as a replacement if you get overzealous.

Thanks guys, we did get it free carefully but have not tried driving it yet maybe later today.

/ Mitsubishi s-630 d bull #10  
My Beaver S370 is stuck in low. It's a lever on the right hand side of the transmission, looks just like the PTO lever. I removed a bolt, a 13mm head I think, that holds down the plate that the lever is attached to the transmission with and it shifts into high and low without any troubles at all. I've not had it try to drop from high into low yet and I've put about 10 hours on my new to me tractor.

One bit of advice I've found to be so true now with mine, pressure wash the radiator fins before using the tractor as it may already be packed full of gunk. After using my tractor for about 30 minutes in tall overgrown nasty pasture "stuff", the radiator was packed with seed and the engine began to overheat. I'm constantly battling this with my tractor now that I'm in the tall grasses. I have to clean the radiator about once every acre and there is no water or electricity at the field so it's difficult with my bug sprayer. You should be able to see all the way through the fins.