MT372D Identification

/ MT372D Identification #1  

Ted E

Tractor
Mitsubishi MT372D
Hi. I just bought a MT372D and would like to know what year it was maade. The right side of the gearbox has a # stamped on it. 372d-51262. The engine block has KE70-0.669. And the top of the engine cover plate has KE70-67489. Any information would be helpful.

/ MT372D Identification #2  
The Japanese weren't into keeping model year records.

/ MT372D Identification
So would there be any way to tell what year it was built?

/ MT372D Identification #4  
Apparently some tractors have a date of manufacture, for the wheels, stamped somewhere on them. That may get you in the ballpark. Tractordata.com says 1982-1988.

There is really no reason to care about the year it was built. Proper care, maintenance, and overall use matters much more. Even the newest one would be 25 years old, so if unmaintained will need plenty of TLC. On the other hand, they are very well made, so even a 30 year old machine is capable of excellent service.

/ MT372D Identification
Thanks for the info. I will check the wheels to see if i can find a date. I just thought it would be good to know if I needed to find parts.

/ MT372D Identification #6  
Model # should be all that is required for parts. There is little to no public data available currently on serial numbers and years of production for the smaller, 1980s era, Japenese tractors. It would great if there were though.

/ MT372D Identification #7  
If there was a change in parts on a model, it would be according to serial #, not year.