Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Satoh S-470D, Mitubishi FD 1450D

Default Re: D2350 hard to shift

Bill and Lemuel will tell you no wrong. They have been great contributors here and have helped me quite a bit as well. I use transmission/hydraulic oil in mine which is probably a good bit thinner than what you have. Good luck.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Mitlubishi D2350

Thanks oliver28472

They helped me quite a bit with my rear axle seal project. They are great guys to have in your corner. Later today I'm gonna start digging into the tractor again.

Cecil

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Mitlubishi D2350

I removed the bolts from the shift cover and tapped it with a hammer and it popped up and I removed it. You can see a small amount of rust on the shift rails which cleaned up nicely.

-picture-058-jpg

There is some minor rust/corrosion on the springs and housing but they will clean up OK.

-picture-059-jpg

The detent balls are trashed. Rusted and pitted. I ordered some new ones from Valley. I'll have to clean up the holes where they go and flush out any crud.
    -picture-061-jpg-picture-062-jpg-picture-064-jpg-picture-066-jpg

The shift levers showed some rust which cleaned up good. I used some fine steel wool to polish the tips where they contact the detent balls.

-picture-067-jpg-picture-068-jpg

This appears to be the result of transmission oil that was badly contaminated with a lot of water. I should be getting my parts in a few days. I'm looking forward to putting it back together and checking it out.

Cecil

Tractor
    mitsubshi d2050fd

Well Cecil looks like Bill & Lemuel were right. Good techs for tractor trouble. I will be using there expertise for my tractor when i have questions thats for sure. Glad you are getting it fixed. Keep us posted. The pics are great ...Preston

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Mitlubishi D2350

Thanks Preston

I got my wife's camera and took a few pictures of the balls and springs hoping they would be better and they are somewhat. Some of the thumbnails look better than the big picture-more focused.

-tractor-ball-4-jpg-tractor-ball-3-jpg-tractor-ball-2-jpg-tractor-spring-jpg-tractor-shifter-1-jpg-tractor-balls_springs2-jpg

The grunge on the springs turned out to be sealant. I'll keep y'all posted with my progress.

Cecil

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Mitlubishi D2350

I got the balls yesterday and installed them last night. The new balls took a lot of slop out of the shifters. I ran it back and forth a few feet in the shop checking all the transmission and pto gears and everything is working fine. I'll have to wait til I can run it for an hour or so to find out if the problem is solved but I feel confident that it's OK.

It was an easy job.

Cecil

Tractor
    mitsubshi d2050fd

Great news Cecil..glad it was an easy job. Hope it runs well for you from now on. Preston

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Mitlubishi D2350

Thanks Preston. If I don't have anymore problems with it I'll try to remember to do a follow up. If I do have problems with it I'll surely do a follow up.

Cecil

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Mitlubishi D2350

Default Re: D2350 hard to shift-Update-

I have an overgrown dog yard (about 100'x50') that I'd like to convert to a vegatable garden so I hooked up the bush hog and had at it. The dogs have been gone for a few years and there are several trash trees and a lot of brush and briars that have grown up in there, making for a lot of back up-pull up mowing. I was constantly shifting from forward to reverse getting this area cleared out. It took me a little more than an hour to get it done.

I didn't have any problems shifting the tractor. It worked fine so now I'm happy with the outcome.

while I was waiting for the property to dry out enough to use the tractor I fabricated a front grill for it. I'm not real crazy about it but it's OK til I get a better idea (which will probably be never).

Before
    -iphone-001-jpg-iphone-002-jpg

After
    -iphone-004-jpg-iphone-003-jpg

Cecil

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12