Clutch pedal blocking while in storage

/ Clutch pedal blocking while in storage
Cecil, look around on your linkage to see if there is some type of flip latch to do this. My tractors are not the same model as yours but both have such a latch.

I took a look this morning and saw what looks like a hole with a pin driven through it on the clutch pedal shaft. Went out this evening and took a few pix. Here's what I got. Anybody have any ideas or solutions?

Picture 071.jpgPicture 069.jpgPicture 070.jpg

Thanks
Cecil

/ Clutch pedal blocking while in storage #12  
I'll try to get a shot of mine.

/ Clutch pedal blocking while in storage #13  
Just push in on the clutch and the wedge between the clutch pedal and that piece of angle should work fine. That is similar to what we did with my brother in laws JD.

/ Clutch pedal blocking while in storage #14  
You guy's got me to wedge a block of wood in my MF 135 clutch pedal, I hope I don't screw anything up.

/ Clutch pedal blocking while in storage #15  
I've had a few service calls with antique cars that were parked over winter and the clutch was frozen.

So far, I have been able to get all free... sometimes it was as easy as push starting and driving will clutch fully depressed.

One time, the fellow didn't want to pay for a tear down... he said he poured hot water into the clutch housing and it broke free.

Lots of great replies and suggestions here-thanks a bunch. Didn't have much going on this afternoon so I played around with it. I drove that piece out of the clutch pedal arm and did a little experimenting.

I welded this together. It's ugly but it's only a starting point.

Picture 001.jpgPicture 002.jpg

Pictures of it doing it's job

Picture 003.jpgPicture 004.jpg

I need to beef it up a little but I think it'll work. When I do the finished product I'll weld another piece across the top so that when I let it down, it'll rest on top of the arm instead of hanging down.

Picture 011.jpg

I set it to hold the pedal down but not far enough to activate the safety switch so the tractor can't be started by turning the key.

Picture 007.jpg

The pedal is held down enough that I can push the tractor while it's in gear so I feel like the clutch is disengaged enough.

Thanks for all the info.
Cecil

/ Clutch pedal blocking while in storage #17  
004.JPG

Here is mine on the S-470 Buck

/ Clutch pedal blocking while in storage #18  
On my 790, I use a short block of 5/4 x 6 decking material. It holds the pedal down and fits just right between the pedal and floorboard. Guess I never looked to see if there was a pin or latch on mine.

/ Clutch pedal blocking while in storage #19  
On my 790, I use a short block of 5/4 x 6 decking material. It holds the pedal down and fits just right between the pedal and floorboard. Guess I never looked to see if there was a pin or latch on mine.

If you push the clutch pedal all the way to the floor, you should see a small tab welded to the floor. The tab is probably a pedal stop, but I used it to clamp the pedal down when the tractor was parked for more then a day or so.

The clutch pedal hold down bracket is complete.

Picture 019.jpgPicture 017.jpgPicture 018.jpg

Here it is doing it's job

Picture 020.jpg

Here it is when I'm using the tractor

Picture 021.jpg

Again, thanks for all the suggestions, pictures and such. It gave me a lot of food for thought. As was suggested, I could have used a block of wood to wedge between the clutch arm and floorboard but I have a lathe, mill/drill, welding machine and time on my hands(laid off). Plus I need practice on all those machines.

My tractor doesn't have a grill so that'll probably be my next project. I'll be in touch.

Cecil