S370D water pump rebuild

/ S370D water pump rebuild #1  

camarocaleb

Tractor
satoh s370d
Just wondering if anyone has rebuilt one of these pumps before, or could get me part numbers for the bearing and seal. I've already removed the bearing and seal with no problem with a small press, but cannot find a part number on the bearing anywhere. I just got the tractor from my uncle, he said it has been sitting for about 4-5 years. I want to spend little as possiable to get to use it a little to find out what all else needs fixing, if I knew that everything else was good to go, I would just go ahead and spend the $100 on a new one. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

/ S370D water pump rebuild #2  
I got a pump for my MT372 from these guys http://www.atrebuilders.com/...it was just under 90 bucks, perhaps they will sell you just the bearing and seal.

A local bearing supplier might be able to match it based on measurement etc...

Good luck

/ S370D water pump rebuild #3  
Bearing supplier.

I don't know how many times I've just walked in and dumped parts on a counter and 15 minutes later leave with exactly what I needed.

/ S370D water pump rebuild
Thanks skylarkguy called a&t at the link you posted and said they had em, hopefully the right one, and said would ship that afternoon. Tried my local bearing supplier, said that the part # that I had matched up dimentions with was the right one but it was unavailable. Also tried my local Carquest they are way better about trying to match stuff up than our Napa, or Autozone. They'll tell you if it ain't in their computer it cant be done. After talking to the guy at carquest he said he had that issue a while back with unavailable parts and had to be a wholesaler or rebuild manufacturer to get the bearing and seals on some. With all the run around I would've probably saved money by just getting a new pump for a $100 lol.

/ S370D water pump rebuild
original bearing number-koyo S16140R-5, bearing that A&T sent was kinex k578, had to use smaller keeper wire due to goove in center of beaing not as deep as original, seal number that A&T sent was 338916 (unable to read original number) spent 60 after shipping, more than what I was hoping to but thats 40 that I can spend on something else. Rebuild was easy, if you got access to a press, about 30 min, and a little experience using one, you shouldn't have any problem if you want to save a few bucks. Thanks again skylarkguy for the link to A&T.

/ S370D water pump rebuild #6  
Glad it worked out...someday I'll get myself a press..