MT180HMD ROPS - Can You Identify Manufacturer

/ MT180HMD ROPS - Can You Identify Manufacturer #1  

Alcione

Tractor
Mitsubishi MT180HMD
I thought I was on to a ROPS supplier recently until they told me I would have to hack off my under seat toolbox and other mods to fit their product. I then discovered this MT180HMD for sale below with quite an elegant ROPS design. Can anyone identify the manufacturer?
Thanks.

Attachments

• DSC00412_op_640x853.jpg
    DSC00412_op_640x853.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 611
  • DSC00411_op_640x853.jpg
    DSC00411_op_640x853.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 452
Last edited:
   / MT180HMD ROPS - Can You Identify Manufacturer
I forgot to clarify - the pictures above are of a North American tractor not Australian as some of you may have thought.
Thanks

/ MT180HMD ROPS - Can You Identify Manufacturer #3  
Have you tried Hercules ROPS? They are an Australian Company, and they make great certified ROPS. I bought this set up for my tractor, and I am very impressed. http://www.herculesrops.com/

272509d1341734917-new-post-hole-digger-phd-img_4092.jpg

Yes, tried them. I will have to make modifications if I am to fit their product. Not my preference but will reserve as a last resort. They have been very good to talk to and yes, I like their products too.
Could you post a picture of your tractor showing the top link area please? I'd like to make a comparison to the one I posted above.

Thanks

/ MT180HMD ROPS - Can You Identify Manufacturer #5  
Is the ROPS mounting location what you wanted to see? It was a very easy installation. There are the six bolts around the PTO shaft, and then there are two more where the top link attachment was. The ROPS acts as the new top link attachment. They fold in half to allow you to get into a barn, or under trees, ect. MMine came with two seat belts (1 spare) and everything that I needed to install them. It took me about an hour, and the bottom mount detaches from the main part of the ROPS, so you don't have to balance the ROPS structure during installation. I am very happy with the ROPS, and they have a heavy powder coating on them, and they are very strong. It really gives makes me feel much safer operating the tractor(with the seat belt on). These are the photos that I think that you need? I hope that this helps a bit!

100_1808.jpg
100_1803.jpg
100_1802.jpg
IMG_0131_zps450fa0b5.jpeg
IMG_0156_zps7893878e.jpg
IMG_0153_zps7dd470b1.jpg
IMG_0130_zps4542e654.jpg

Thanks Mitch. Yes, this helps a great deal. I wasn't aware that it became the new top link. Of course there are some differences between our tractors but conceptually its the same. I'll contact Hercules today for comment.
Appreciate your input.
Thanks
Neil

/ MT180HMD ROPS - Can You Identify Manufacturer #7  
Not to hijack the thread but NHMitch where did you get that FE bracket and first aid kit?

/ MT180HMD ROPS - Can You Identify Manufacturer #8  
No Problems at all, I bought both on Amazon, and they work great. They stay in place, and they have not moved an inch. The first aid kit folds down with a large storage area. I keep all of the regular first aid items in there along with a Tourniquet and quick clot because I often use the tractor in the woods on our property to cut fire wood, and if I ever had an accident, I hopefully could get to the kit. It is stuff I had from my the military, but you can buy the same items on amazon, go figure.. The fire extinguisher is from Walmart, and I thing that it was in the boat section. Below are the links:
Rugged Ridge 13305.21 Black Roll Bar Fire Extinguisher Holder for All 3" Jeep Roll Bar : Amazon.com : Automotive
Smittybilt 769541 First Aid Storage Bag : Amazon.com : Automotive
Amazon.com: C-A-T Combat Application Tourniquet - Black by North American Rescue Brand: Health & Personal Care
Amazon.com: Adventure Medical QuikClot Sport: Health & Personal Care

Not to hijack the thread but NHMitch where did you get that FE bracket and first aid kit?

/ MT180HMD ROPS - Can You Identify Manufacturer #9  
Great thanks!

For any MT180 owners who are interested.......the ROPS in the original post was factory supplied (from contract fabricator) not Mitsubishi themselves.
Hercules have been tremendously helpful but do not have any product which will fit. So......I have drawn up the brackets as best I can using the above photos and am getting a local engineering shop to fabricate for me. It will not be certified though. As the engineering shop is using CNC to make the brackets he will be able to replicate.
I will gladly put any MT180 owner with no ROPS, in touch with them.
Regards