S373D clutch will not engage (stuck)

/ S373D clutch will not engage (stuck) #1  

mcox

Tractor
Mitsubishi S373D
Went out to plow snow and the clutch on by S373D is stuck in the disengage position. Any suggestions on what I need to do to fix? I've had this tractor for about 6 months and used quite a bit this summer & fall with no issues. I always store inside my shed, so rain/snow while sitting isn't a problem.

Thanks!
Mark

/ S373D clutch will not engage (stuck) #2  
i see lots looked but no reply's .. i have no idea other then your linkage got stuck some how under neath . let me know if you found the problem .

/ S373D clutch will not engage (stuck) #3  
Not familiar with that tractor. I had a Japanese Gray Market Yanmar with powershift that had a hydraulic activated clutch. It wouldn't engage if the hydraulic oil wasn't up to pressure. I had to clean the suction filter ( which meant draining all the oil) numerous times to get the slimy claylooking substance out of the reservoir when I first got it. Maybe that is your problem. Check the linkage first and make sure there isn't a stick or something hanging up in there keeping the pedal from coming back up.

/ S373D clutch will not engage (stuck) #4  
Did it make any funky noise the last time it worked? Is the Pedal stuck down? Does the pedal move but nothing happen? That tractor is pretty similar to my MT372 so I'd bet the clutch is not hydraulic. Like GF said check for any physical obstructions. Then you might have to consider the throwout bearing.

/ S373D clutch will not engage (stuck) #5  
For what it's worth, reading the many posts with clutch problems I have been wondering if allowing the tractor to fully warm up would sometimes free up clutches that seem to weld themselves to the flywheel, or in your case remain disengaged. Possibly the throwout bearing is binding slightly due to rust or other contamination on the shaft and heat is often great at loosening up things that won't move. You won't get the kind of heat you would with a smoke wrench, but it may only take minimal heat to overcome the problem.

/ S373D clutch will not engage (stuck) #6  
Make sure also that your range selector isn't in "neutral". There is not a neutral position but it can act like it if it is in-between high and low range.

/ S373D clutch will not engage (stuck) #7  
ilikeurtractor has a good point...I have on several occasions kicked the range selector with my foot while getting off the tractor to a "midpoint" between high and low. Then nothing happens until i look down a down and realize it.