Age of MT 89D tractor?

/ Age of MT 89D tractor? #1  

peterb33

Tractor
Mitsubishi MT 180. Hanomag R19
Just bought an MT 180D with a serial number of 50106 stamped on the transmission case as the instruction manual says. Is there any way to date the tractor from this? and what years was the MT180D made from?

Thought I would be able to find a list somewhere but no luck.

I want to register the tractor here in the UK for road use and need to prove the age somehow.

/ Age of MT 89D tractor? #2  
Just bought an MT 180D with a serial number of 50106 stamped on the transmission case as the instruction manual says. Is there any way to date the tractor from this? and what years was the MT180D made from?

Thought I would be able to find a list somewhere but no luck.

I want to register the tractor here in the UK for road use and need to prove the age somehow.
Welcome to TBN first!

Exactly what I needed too. But I've sent an e-mail to Customer Care dpt. of Kubota and got, well not the year of production, but first sales date. And that was enough for my registration office. Try to find out an e-mail address of Mitsubishi Customer Care dpt. and ask them for that.

/ Age of MT 89D tractor?
Thanks for the welcome!

I thought about contacting Mitsubishi but there are so many parts of the company I decided against it at the time. Pleased to hear that you succeeded with yours. I contacted the UK importer but they have only been importing them for 12 years and I think it dated from around 1988 and the dealer who sold it (Burgess) doesnt exist anymore.

Will drop an e-mail to Mitsubishi Agricultural Machinery unless some one else has a better suggestion to try?

/ Age of MT 89D tractor? #4  
Thanks for the welcome!

I thought about contacting Mitsubishi but there are so many parts of the company I decided against it at the time. Pleased to hear that you succeeded with yours. I contacted the UK importer but they have only been importing them for 12 years and I think it dated from around 1988 and the dealer who sold it (Burgess) doesnt exist anymore.

Will drop an e-mail to Mitsubishi Agricultural Machinery unless some one else has a better suggestion to try?

TractorData.com Mitsubishi MT180 tractor information
Made between 1984 and 1991

/ Age of MT 89D tractor?
Sorry I got the title wrong as MT89 rather than MT180D, must clean my specs more often!

Thanks for the information on the production dates, I have sent a message off to Mitsubushi so will see what comes back and have also bought an advert from a 1987 copy of Power Farming which shows the tractor and also gives the date on the bottom of the page so should help with my case for an age related registration.