Trouble starting a Mitsubishi D1800

/ Trouble starting a Mitsubishi D1800 #21  
You might also look at the glowplug indicator.

My Ford runs some, or all of the glowplug circuit through a coil of wire that gets red hot. I think when I lost that coil, I had troubles with the glow plugs.

I ended up just shortening it somehow, and putting it back in.

/ Trouble starting a Mitsubishi D1800
Yes, I plan to do so. I also need to find a good place to buy one. The key I have says Kubota. I think it is interchangeable with part # 66706-55120 but I will be certain before I buy.

/ Trouble starting a Mitsubishi D1800 #23  
Before you go out and buy a new ignition switch for your tractor, you need to figure where the power goes, and where it stops. As mentioend, I think my Ford runs the entire circuit through a small coil of wire used for the glowplug indicator.

A fuse is also cheaper than an ignition switch.

Our old International used to have a button that one would press for the glowplugs. But, you could easily hotwire the glowplugs to your battery, perhaps through a simple switch, just to get the thing running. Then, you could either mount the switch permanently, or fix what you have. A household switch would work for debugging, but you should find a momentary on, normally off switch (either toggle or push button) if you choose do a perminant install.

But, trace the circuit as well as possible.

It looks like the glow plug wire comes back to a taped up tangled mess. From there, I think it goes to the fuse box. From there it goes to the switch. Power goes straight to the switch, right? If power goes to the switch and there's no voltage leaving the post for the glow plug, then there must be a disconnect in the switch...I think? There was voltage on the other posts, just not the ones for G1 and G2.

/ Trouble starting a Mitsubishi D1800 #25  
That sounds reasonable. What is the tangle? A wire to each cylinder?

On my Ford Tractor, the glow plugs are activated by turning the key backwards.
On my Ford Pickup, the glow plugs are activated by turning the key forwards slightly.

I'm not sure about the Mitsubishi.

/ Trouble starting a Mitsubishi D1800 #26  
A good habit to get into is to watch the amp gauge when you glow the plugs. If you have an open circuit, your amp gauge will not move (discharge). If a single glow plug is dead you will have less of a draw on the battery.

I said it was a tangled mess. Really, all the wires come together and are taped up pretty good. So it's impossible to trace a single wire from point A to point B. As far as the glow plugs are concerned, I am assuming the wire from the glow plugs goes to the area that is taped up. Coming out, a wire feeds the fuse box. Then a wire leaves the fuse box and goes to the switch. In the end, it makes sense that the switch is bad.

/ Trouble starting a Mitsubishi D1800 #28  
Glad u got it running... Have a great time with ur new tractor....

/ Trouble starting a Mitsubishi D1800 #29  
Hi there.
Bought our Mitsubishi D1800 II second hand three years ago and battery now not taking up much of a charge. Don't think the battery it came with is correct one anyway - it is much smaller than the battery-space allowed. What size ampage should the new one be?
Thanks.

/ Trouble starting a Mitsubishi D1800 #30  
Hi there.
Bought our Mitsubishi D1800 II second hand three years ago and battery now not taking up much of a charge. Don't think the battery it came with is correct one anyway - it is much smaller than the battery-space allowed. What size ampage should the new one be?
Thanks.

I don't have that model's information, but when I am buying a battery I measure the space I have, including height (with terminals and cable connections) and choose the highest capacity battery that will fit. If the new battery is larger, make sure there will be clearance so that the battery terminals can not short out to anything metal. Also, that you can still secure the new battery in place.