Default Still need starter help I guess

This is what I have. A five post switch that I got from Bill a couple of years ago. Posts are labled -bat-St-G1-G2 & Acc. Wires coming in are bk/wt from starter-bk/y from selenoid-blk from alternator (not original alt)-two wires together (a bk&Y from regulator and two wires from each side of the glow plug indicator. Can anyone tell me how these connect on the switch. Had a paper with them written down, but unfortunatley someone threw it away
    (PS- Book says posts should be labled, 17-19-300-500 and Acc)

Thanks in advance Rocky

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Satoh S-470D, Mitubishi FD 1450D

Default Re: Still need starter help I guess

Rocky, You will probably have to call Valley Power or Japanese Tractor Repair Dixon, IL to get that unless somebody wrote this info down. I think I remember a similar post here about the same thing. Search might find it but you'd have to do a lot of reading.

Tractor
    Mitsubishi D1800

This is the best I can do for now. I was just looking at mine Saturday and I took this poor quality picture. If you don't already have it figured out, I could get better information Tuesday.-switch-jpg

Quote Originally Posted by BRYBURTON View Post
    This is the best I can do for now. I was just looking at mine Saturday and I took this poor quality picture. If you don't already have it figured out, I could get better information Tuesday.-switch-jpg
    Is the black and white wire running to the alt? I now have it running but need to figure out the glow plugs. Hopefully the Alt wire is right lol
    Thanks

Tractor
    Mitsubishi D1800

The black/white runs to the glow plugs (on mine at least). Aren't G1 and G2 for glowplugs 1 & 2 respectively?

Tractor
    Toro D200, Ford 1715, International 884,

I'd throw an electrical tester on your switch. It should be easy enough to trace out. Here is what I'd guess:

Bat: + Power from the battery
    St: To starter/solenoid
    Acc: Accessories, and anything running while switch is on.
    G1 & G2? Glowplugs?

Anyway, connect your electrical tester to Bat, and then probe the different connections with the switch at different positions.

Quote Originally Posted by oliver28472 View Post
    Sorry this took so long.
    So, according to the wiring diagram previously posted by oliver28472,

Black & White from big terminal on the starter provides + power to your switch. This probably goes the the "BAT" terminal on your switch.
    Black & Yellow from the solenoid terminal on the starter would go to the "ST" on your switch (assuming it is activated in starter position)
    Yellow? From regulator goes to the Acc on the switch, I think. ??????
    The glowplugs should be wired through the glowplug indicator. One side to the switch (G1 or G2), and the other side to the glowplugs. Could this be redundant with two wires from the switch to the indicator?

Anyway,
    Test the connections on your switch to verify, as I'm suggesting this based on the wiring diagram from oliver, and the labels you've posted.