S373D 3 Point Hydraulics?

/ S373D 3 Point Hydraulics? #1  

Ehanson

Silver Member
Tractor
S373-D
I was reading the operators manual and see they talk about the 3 point hitch being hydraulic? I see a tube running from the rear to the front. Is this a tube coming from a pump driven off the engine?
I am going to check it tonight but wonder if any one has checked into the operation of this function? I do know my 3 point does not lower but that may be because there isn't any weight on it?

I guess I also wonder where the oil for this unit is from?
Just a question if any one has some insight, great. If not, I will look to see if I can figure it out.
Thank you

/ S373D 3 Point Hydraulics? #2  
You should look under your seat for the valve that controls the rate the 3 point drops. If it is closed it will keep the 3pt lifted. If you can find an operators manual they are pretty handy.

/ S373D 3 Point Hydraulics? #3  
The hydraulic, transmission and rear end oil are one common reservoir holding approximately 3.5 gallons. There is a round hard rubber plug on top of the transmission near the shifter. There are two square head drain plugs on the bottom and a tube screen filter on the bottom right side held in by two bolts. There is also a fill level plug near where your left heel sits on the running board. There is no dipstick for this oil. I just changed mine. Not that this information cures the problem but if you need to change the oil.... The pump is mounted on the engine. Skylark's suggestion is good.

/ S373D 3 Point Hydraulics?
Got it working! Took the three bolt cover off, cranked engine without starting, oil spurted out, pumped good. Took the four bolt cover off where the adjustment knob is, learned that when this cover is removed the arms can fall to the ground. Shined a little rust off the cover and the piston and cylinder, freed up the knob so it would turn, put it all back together and it all works like it should. Now I just need some implements to hitch!