MT372 Price check

/ MT372 Price check #1  

GManBart

Elite Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 241, Kubota SVL90-2
This isn't too far from me. I have bigger tractors, and a zero turn, but thought this might be handy for mowing (and maybe faster than the ZT?). What do you think...worth anywhere near $2550?

Mitsubishi Compact Tractor,

/ MT372 Price check #2  
That tractor looks pretty clean. If everything works that price is probably within reason. Not sure if it would be faster than yor zero turn. I'd like a belly mower like that for mine.

/ MT372 Price check
I checked, and my ZT (Hustler) maxes out at 7mph....

/ MT372 Price check #4  
Looking at my book it looks like with the tires shown in the picture. You'd hit 7.81 mph in 6th gear (high range third gear). The slowest speed (low range first gear) it goes .69 mph.
For what its worth i'm usually in low range 3rd gear when mowing with a brush hog..1.78mph. All these speeds are at 2700 rpm.

/ MT372 Price check
Looking at my book it looks like with the tires shown in the picture. You'd hit 7.81 mph in 6th gear (high range third gear). The slowest speed (low range first gear) it goes .69 mph.
For what its worth i'm usually in low range 3rd gear when mowing with a brush hog..1.78mph. All these speeds are at 2700 rpm.

Thanks...that helps. I have 5 and 6ft brush hogs for my bigger tractors, and have a 7.5' wide finish mower for the biggest, so I have the heavy stuff covered. My wife said she would help do some of the lighter, normal mowing, but has a mental block about the controls on a zero turn, and wants a steering wheel, so I've been looking for low-cost alternatives she's be comfortable with...besides, it's a neat little machine :)

/ MT372 Price check #6  
Yeah i like mine. It is a stout machine. It is pretty miserly on fuel too. I payed less than that but mine came with a stuck 3 point and blown waterpump...it seems like all the machines i get are projects but eventually work out. I suspect you'll be happy with it.

/ MT372 Price check #7  
First, the two-cylinder 372s are NOT 17 hp.
Second, I almost bought a clean 372 with ag tires for $1650 and no attachments.
The belly mower is easily worth $900 with the clutch and all the stuff to mount it.

Heck, the Cub Cadet knockoff lawn tractors at Tractor Supply- made by MTD- are going for $1995.00! This is a REAL tractor with a 3-pt hitch and hydraulics.

/ MT372 Price check #8  
This isn't too far from me. I have bigger tractors, and a zero turn, but thought this might be handy for mowing (and maybe faster than the ZT?). What do you think...worth anywhere near $2550?

Mitsubishi Compact Tractor,

If you want to buy it just to cut grass, use that money and sell your smaller zero turn and buy a bigger one.

A large gear drive trator is going to be clumsy around obsticales and for turning.

Seems like a nice tractor if your going to use it for more than just cutting.

/ MT372 Price check
If you want to buy it just to cut grass, use that money and sell your smaller zero turn and buy a bigger one.

A large gear drive trator is going to be clumsy around obsticales and for turning.

Seems like a nice tractor if your going to use it for more than just cutting.

That's not a bad idea, but for some reason, my wife has a mental block about the controls on a zero turn....she wants a steering wheel, and foot pedals. I'm going to be doing all the major areas with our bigger tractors and finish mowers/brush hogs, but she said that she'd be happy to help around the house/yard area if there was a machine she felt comfortable running. If it was a little faster than our current ZT, that would be a bonus for when I'm using it (I'm not sure she'd be mowing nearly wide open the way I tend to). The big thing is I'd like to avoid pumping a ton of cash into it, and if it would serve double duty, even better....put a carry all on it, or tow a small wagon for when she's gardening...that sort of thing.

/ MT372 Price check #10  
For what you want to do, you would be hard pressed to find something better at that price. I don't know how fast it would be since I've never had a belly mower on either of mine, always rear mount and they are not fast.