Flow control on 470D

/ Flow control on 470D #1  

Rocky59

The flow control knob on my buck stuck today and I had to use channel locks to turn it back. Should that thing turn that hard? Also it seems as if there should be a catch or spring tension on it? Any help would be appreciated. On a side note, why would the bucket on the FEL leak off but not the rear hydraulics?
Thanks

/ Flow control on 470D #2  
I don't know about the leakdown but the knob could be hard to turn if there is weight on the hydraulics. If there was no weight on it there should be no trouble turning by hand. I don't have a loader.

/ Flow control on 470D #3  
Most hydraulic cylinders leak fluid past the piston. Each cylinder will likely have different leak rates and they don't have to be associated with each other. Your FEL cylinders just leak past the pistons more than your 3-pt. Since the fluid just leaks from one side of the piston to the other, it doesn't have to go anywhere else hence the disassociation between them and other components in the hydraulic system. This means that even if your valves are 100% leakproof, you'll still get "bleed-down" of the attachments.