S470D Parts

/ S470D Parts #1  

Steve777

Bronze Member
Hi. Doing some summer maintenance on my diesel Buck, and am trying to track down some replacement parts:

Clutch safety switch (the one that won't let you start unless the clutch is pushed in). Can't seem to locate one in the usual places. Anyone know if there is a generic replacement for this (besides bypassing the switch)?

Tach/hour meter and cable for same. Again have not been able to find any, any generic replacements?

Clutch kits. Lots of them out there, but I am looking for advise as to which to get. Any brands/sources better than others?

Thanks.

/ S470D Parts #2  
Steve, I'll try to remember to look at mine for the switch. Is your switch still there and not working? About the tach, mine is still in place but the cable is gone. I remember somebody saying to get a universal speedometer cable. Have not tried that but one day I will. I don't know about the clutch. Have you split yours yet?

/ S470D Parts
Thanks. Have not split the tractor yet. I was hoping to get a little bit of dirt moving done before I tackle the clutch.

I did get the clutch friction disk unstuck from the flywheel. Took about 30 mins of working it against a 15T pile of dirt. What finally seem to make a difference was running against the dirt pile and using the brake. Should have thought of that sooner. But for now the clutch is working fine (and I am using the lever that keeps the clutch in a bit while parked), so I don't run into this again with our wet weather this summer.

I would like to get this dirt moving out of the way, and then I can deal with the clutch properly. And I'd like to have the parts on hand before I begin, even if it means ordering a few parts that I may not really need to replace. So I was thinking about ordering them now.

Don't know if it applies here, but with the various autos I maintain, the forums usually have some strong ideas of good and bad clutch (and other) parts to use. And just some general info about slight changes to the parts based upon your model year, etc. When I look at the S470D clutch kits online they all look pretty much the same. Just wondering if they are the same, or if there are some high and low quality ones out there.

Anyone have any feedback on this?

I do have the old clutch safety switch in hand. I was planning on taking it to a couple of auto parts stores, in the hopes I can find something what will match up close enough to use.

On the tach, my cable broke. The tack itself lost it's needle as the cable was dying, but seems to be free turning. Might be possible to have the cable rebuilt at a speedo shop, but I have not taken the engine end of the cable out yet, as I have no good way to block the hole while I use it. Planned right now for removal during the clutch operation. Unless I happen across one sooner.

/ S470D Parts #4  
I have a replacement hour meter cable available.