650 bison throttle cable

/ 650 bison throttle cable #1  

LynnBilodeau

Tractor
Satoh 650G
Have a 650 Bison that I use for landscaping on our 2.5 acres. Has been a very reliable work horse. So far has only needed a choke cable (original one was mia) tune up, fluid changes and some hoses. Pulls dirt very well with a 4 foot box blade. Also pulls a finish mower very well.

Now my problem. Throttle cable broke last week. I have been starting it and letting it warm up, then using a pair of small vice grips to hold the cable at full throttle. When done, I pop off the vice grips, and let it return to idle before shutting off.

Governor works fine. Still, would be nice to be able to throttle down from time to time.

I tried a search, but didn't find my answer. What are you guys using for replacement throttle cable?

I am guessing one must cobble together something from a universal kit.

Overall length is about 44 inches, or 112cm.
Sheating length is about 36 inches, o4 92.5 cm.

Found this one on ebay that looks promising: New Massey Ferguson Foot Throttle Cable 3759026M91 | eBay

Planning to go by Tractor Supply in the morning and see if they have a universal kit.

Any help appreciated.

/ 650 bison throttle cable #2  
I should be able to supply a eithe r a new or used cable. Email me

/ 650 bison throttle cable
Haven't checked in for a while. Before I saw your post, I ended up getting a universal kit and made it work. I did not buy the MF one on ebay.

I saved my old pieces in case the new set up ever breaks.
Working fine for now.