MT1601D clutch advice needed please

/ MT1601D clutch advice needed please #1  

GAdawgs

Tractor
MTD1601D
photo-3.JPG

I'm working on un-sticking the clutch plate from the flywheel. I split the tractor tonight and you can see what I found when I opened it up in the attached picture. I have loosened the bolts from the flywheel in hopes of it breaking loose. I can turn a wrench but I suck at diagnosing. Can anyone tell if this will/has worked from the picture? This is the first time I have attempted this on a tractor, so I don't really want to pull out completely apart for fear of having a 1000lb piece of yard art!

Thanks for your advice in advance.

/ MT1601D clutch advice needed please #2  
Welcome to TBN. While I don't have a direct answer, you can search this and other forums and see that this has been covered many times. It is a problem common to probably all brands. Many times, folks will block the clutch pedal down and hook a bush hog to the tractor and run it until the clutch breaks loose. This of course is done without splitting the tractor. Also some will hold the clutch down and hit the brakes while rolling. I can't tell much with the size of your picture. The sticking clutch will happen when moisture gets in the bell housing. While you have it apart, check the release and pilot bearings. Also you might want to put a thin film of anti-seize on the transmission input shaft.

/ MT1601D clutch advice needed please
Thanks. I did try breaking it free while running to no avail. I got it to come loose and cleaned the corrosion off. Hopefully that will do the trick. Now to get it back together without having bolts left over....

/ MT1601D clutch advice needed please #4  
I'd second what oliver said. check pilot bearing (lube if necessary) and throwout bearing as well. Also check the spring fingers on the pressure plate...make sure they are all there.