Mitsubishi MT372D overheat

/ Mitsubishi MT372D overheat #1  

bestormy

Tractor
Mitsubishi MT372D
My MT372D overheats when cutting grass for more than 30 minutes. Radiator exterior is clean. Water pump? Thermostat? Radiator plugged? What should I check first?

Also, oil overflows from the top of the gear box through shifter hole when the engine is hot. Is this just an overfill problem?

/ Mitsubishi MT372D overheat #2  
I know you said radiator exterior is clear, but did you pull the front grill and hose it out good from both sides? I had the same problem at one time and the grass seeds were down in between the fins and couldn't be seen. Hosed it out and has been good ever since. I try to do this at least twice a summer unless I let the field get away from me then it is more often.

/ Mitsubishi MT372D overheat
I removed the grill and inspected - the radiator exterior is very clean.

/ Mitsubishi MT372D overheat #4  
Mine overheated also a few years ago . I got a "trouble light" and held it behind the radiator and it was actually quite plugged. I took a tooth pick and an air "blow gun" to it and it has been good ever since ! Try the light first and take a look . If this doesn't fix it , let us know . It's not rocket science. Just like a car with a thermostat.(Some of the older Satoh/Mitsubishi's don't have thermostats). Can you see the water circulate in the top of the radiator when it gets hot? It is possible the pump is bad or the thermostat is bad , but not likely.

/ Mitsubishi MT372D overheat
Alvanko and Dadzilla - Thanks for the good advice. After further review, I found the radiator fins were plugged with seeds and other fuzzy stuff that inhibits cooling. I didn't realize how far they get packed in. I used my power washer on low velocity to flush out the holes without bending any fins. Now I can see light through the radiator. I only wish I had a warm day to test it out. Thanks again - I owe you two a beer. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Mitsubishi MT372D overheat #6  
Your welcome. Thats why we're here.

/ Mitsubishi MT372D overheat #7  
/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Keystone Light for me please. Glad we could help you out!

/ Mitsubishi MT372D overheat #8  
KEYSTONE! Man it's free you can have a Yuenglings. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif