2wd front axle retrofit on Beaver?

/ 2wd front axle retrofit on Beaver? #1  

CanadianBeaverS370

Bronze Member
Tractor
Satoh Beaver and IH B414 FEL
Just curious, Has any one found and easy swap for the 2wd front axle on the beaver? Looking for one that would be adjustable tread.

Thanks

/ 2wd front axle retrofit on Beaver? #2  
If your looking to widen the stance of your front axel, maybe you can flip your front rims around.

/ 2wd front axle retrofit on Beaver?
unfortunately unlike the 4wd's, the 2wd front wheels are centered

/ 2wd front axle retrofit on Beaver? #4  
What's your objective?

What's your objective?

Well I find the Beaver a lot more stable with the rear wheels flipped out for the wider setting, would like the front to match up too. Was just wondering if any of the other Mitsubishi tractors had an adjustable axle that would be an easy fit on the beaver.

/ 2wd front axle retrofit on Beaver? #6  
Looks like the 4x4 models have a large offset. Maybe you could get a pair to try reversed.

1674578003-1.jpg

Bruce

The 2wd have and odd 3 bolt pattern... I thought about making spacers but its so hard on the pinion and bearings, not sure I want the do that to a 30 year old axle. I think I need to tough it out or get creative and make and extendable axle from scratch using an original and chopping it up. just need to find one for cheap

/ 2wd front axle retrofit on Beaver? #8  
More rambling:

I've seen centers detached and moved in or out, or even placed in a different rim.

Maybe there is a wider axle from a different make/model, that mounts in a similar way, that can be used.

Sometimes a different bolt pattern wheel will work: 6 hole wheel on 3 hole hub, or 8 on 4, for example.

Bruce

/ 2wd front axle retrofit on Beaver? #9  
Well I find the Beaver a lot more stable with the rear wheels flipped out for the wider setting, would like the front to match up too. Was just wondering if any of the other Mitsubishi tractors had an adjustable axle that would be an easy fit on the beaver.

I'm not sure having a wider front stance will help you much since the axle pivots. Others can speak better on that subject.

If they aren't already, get your rear tires loaded. That makes a world of difference not to mention making for better traction.

Techwrtr2, True that the front wont really affect stability, just nicer to have it match the rear stance, as for rear weight, I agree 100%, this thing has way too much torque for it weight. I don't want to fill the tires as I have a generally soft land and will be using it to cut the grass... I would rather invest in some removable wheel weights that I can put on in the winter