Dirt Moving Satoh s650g with a front dozer blade

/ Satoh s650g with a front dozer blade #3  
It may be possible but tractors are fundamentally PULLING machines. You would be working against tractor design parameters.

Any reason you cannot use a HEAVY rear/angle blade mounted on the Three Point Hitch?

LINK:

RB26 Series Rear Blades | Land Pride

/ Satoh s650g with a front dozer blade #4  
I think rear blades are generally more productive but I have seen a number of factory front blades for compacts. As far as tractor not being designed to push.....I agree they pull better than push but one of the most common and effective implements made is an FEL and 90% of FEL work is generally done "pushing". I owned a Deere model 375 front blade ( very similar to the newer model 380) and modified it for my Mitsubishi. VERY well made/heavy 4 way blade. Deere marketed it as a "Utility blade" and is built heavy enough for "dozer" work on a 25-30HP tractor. I don't see an issue with a front blade as long as it uses a subframe to give multiple attachment points from the front to the rear of the machine. The fact they have hydraulic control ( down pressure and angle) is really nice and you don't have to look backwards all the time. A heavy box blade will move more material ( dirt/gravel) but a front blade is awesome for snow removal!

I bought mine on Ebay for $150......sold it several years later for $350. Not many 375's around for sale anymore but I see 380's regularly for $500 +/-. I know Ford NH and Kubota both made front blades rated for pushing material ( gravel/dirt). The reason I mention the factory blades is you can get a very well built used blade for less than building a similar unit if you do some dedicated/patient action watching.

/ Satoh s650g with a front dozer blade
I have piles of dirt I want to spread around and for snow clearing in the winter so pushing would be easier.
For dirt could I get a three point hitch blade that rotates so I could push backwards would it work that way better?

Darryl

I have a heavy duty blade from a Bolens tractor that would work on the front I would just have to build a subframe to attach it to the frame and figure out where to attached the hydraulics to the tractors hydraulic system. I have a manual coming from previous owner but I am not sure when they will send it.

Kelvin

/ Satoh s650g with a front dozer blade #7  
For dirt could I get a three point hitch blade that rotates so I could push backwards would it work that way better?

Most rear/angle blades and most Landscape Rakes rotate 180 degrees easily.

You can push backwards fine, IF your Three Point Hitch Lower Links are strong and IF you have RIGID stabilizers that are strong enough. If you have some sort of turnbuckle rear stabilizers, forget it.

Tractors are engineered to pull. They are not necessarily engineered with the same working load limits in reverse mode, pushing.

/ Satoh s650g with a front dozer blade #8  
I bent my lower links pushing backwards, won't do that again.

/ Satoh s650g with a front dozer blade #9  
Darryl

I have a heavy duty blade from a Bolens tractor that would work on the front I would just have to build a subframe to attach it to the frame and figure out where to attached the hydraulics to the tractors hydraulic system. I have a manual coming from previous owner but I am not sure when they will send it.

Kelvin

If you can make the necessary modifications, I say use the front blade you have. There are very valid reasons snow plows, dozer blades and end loader buckets are primarily mounted on the front. For snow removal, there is no comparison in speed and ease of use. If you plan on doing a great deal more dirt work than snow removal, I'd keep the front blade but invest in some 3 point attachments. Valley Power can help you with hydraulics questions.

Thanks for help. I built a mock up bracket to attach the blade to the 3 point hitch. It worked great until I bent the bracket. I used scrap I had just to see if it would work and any adjustments re-design I needed to do I am going to build another one with better metal and better structure strength.