Loader Seal kits needed

/ Seal kits needed #1  

herschman

Tractor
Mitsubishi S470D Buck
Hi,
Does anyone have advice on where I can buy seal kits for the hydraulic cylinders on a Blackhawk loader? Also, any idea where the ID numbers are located on the loader to get the correct kits?

Thanks in Advance,
herschman

/ Seal kits needed #2  
Your best bet is probably to find a shop that works on hydraulics and get their help. I have a Blackhawk loader on my Beaver and discovered the successor to the company who built it still has some information about old products. Sadly, if you don't know the model of the unit, I doubt they'll be able to do much for you.

For some reference, here's a link to the owners manual they graciously emailed to me a few months back, perhaps it will give you something to begin with.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0iucDz3DymyRi1zbERJY21lZ2s/edit?usp=sharing

/ Seal kits needed
Thanks for the response techwrtr2. I'll check out the site and see what I can find. Another question I have is, the fluid that's leaking from the cylinders (according to the manual that I found) is the same fluid as in the transmission, where the hydraulic filter is. I know that sounds crazy, #80 weight fluid seems to heavy for hydraulics. But if that's true, then I guess I need to keep track of the transmission fluid level while the seals are leaking. Do you have any thoughts on it?

herschman

/ Seal kits needed #5  
Beaver does not use gear oil in the transmission. The transmission serves as the reservoir for the hydraulic system. Yes, you should keep track of it. :D

/ Seal kits needed
Thanks again techwrtr2. I appreciate the info.
herschman