mitsubishi 2650fd

/ mitsubishi 2650fd #1  

jeannieido

Tractor
d2650fd
well, i am stumped again. we replaced the glow plugs and the glow plug indicator, we finally got it started. It ran for a few minutes and then hubby shut it off, started it again let run and shut off. Now it wont start again, he thinks the timing is off (I dont see how but...) how do you adjust the timing on one of these things??? This tractor will either kill me or end in divorce!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/ mitsubishi 2650fd #2  
I don't think it's the timing either, unless it changed since the last time it ran. What kind of smoke is it making when he tries to start it? The smoke should be heavy - either white, gray, or black. Light smoke (that you can see through) usually means insufficient fuel. Also note the smoke amount and color when you get it running, it helps indicate running condition of the engine. A lot of my tractors have some light white smoke when they are not hot which indicates at least some visible water vapor in the exhaust (normal). The exhaust gases should ideally be clear though when the engine is worked, with some black smoke under acceleration and/or high loading which is normal.

/ mitsubishi 2650fd
ok, so i tried to start the tractor and the smoke at first was very light but he more i cranked the thicker it got. I finally convinced my husband to bleed all the lines again. I tried to start it and it did start after cranking way too long (but he told me to keep going). I am wondering if it is the diesel fuel, we put 911 in it but that's not to say it was good to start. I told husband I want him to drain the tank and the lines, get new diesel and we will go from there. keeping fingers crossedxxx

/ mitsubishi 2650fd #4  
Sounds like either glow plugs (I know you changed them and the indicator) or low compression. What color was the smoke when you were cranking it? What did the smoke look like after it started?