Price Check Satoh Buck clutch

/ Satoh Buck clutch #1  

sbergie

Tractor
Satoh Buck
Hi All. I am not all the mechanical so I need some advice. I have a Satoh Buck, The clutch has stopped engaging. Clutch pedal works as I can still start it with the pedal depressed. Would this be the throw out bearing, pressure plate or the clutch disk. Also, where can I get the parts to repair it?? Thanks for any help you can give. :)

/ Satoh Buck clutch #2  
So you step on the clutch pedal. Start the tractor just fine. Release the pedal and get no movement?

/ Satoh Buck clutch
Oh and welcome to the forum

Thanks for the welcome. I have no clutch, I can push down the pedal to to release the anti-start switch thingy. I can start it in neutral but when depress pedal the clutch does no engage. After it warms up I can start it in gear and have to turn it off to stop it ( because clutch does not engage). And I can't find anyone local that knows anything about Satoh,s.

/ Satoh Buck clutch #5  
There is nothing special about the Sotoh.
The mechanical linkage set up is conventional.
Something is broken or disconnected.
The peddle is connected to a shaft that is connected to a lever that activates the clutch.
Between, on the shaft is an adjustment to lengthen or shorten it.
The clutch spring is between the lower part of the clutch peddle shaft and a point on the floor pan.
While depressing the peddle you could feel resistance without actuating the clutch.

It might just be as simple as that shaft* (only retained by a cotter pin) has fallen out of its proper holes.
If still connected does it move the clutch lever that goes into the bell housing? if it does then there is an internal problem.
Before accepting an internal problem you should adjust the linkage length.

*Shaft is but a 1/4" rod with 90 deg bends at both ends with an adjustment device in between. Both ends simply use 2 cent cotter pins.

Good luck. (also own a Mitsu) mitsu=sotah

/ Satoh Buck clutch
Thanks, I will check it out as soon as possible. Right now it's sub zero weather and the tractor is buried in 3 ft of snow.

/ Satoh Buck clutch #8  
That would probably contribute to the problem. Moisture getting into the bell housing. There is a latch on the clutch linkage for keeping the clutch and pp apart when parked a long time. Keep us posted.