Buying Advice MT 372 & Tiller Box

/ MT 372 & Tiller Box #1  

dmclambjr

Tractor
MT 372
First thank you for visiting my first post!

I'm looking to buy a MT 372, to maintain a hobby garden. But I wanted a 3rd party opinion. Another site, says it's a cat 0/1 three point hitch. It has a 15hp diesel motor. But I can't find any specs on the pto. Such as rpm, hp. Should I look at a purchasing a different tractor, or will this tractor power a 20hp cat 1 tiller box??

Thank you for any advice, and recommendations!

/ MT 372 & Tiller Box #2  
I've got a MT372...they are pretty tough little tractors. My manual says PTO HP is 12.4 at 540 RPM. Most of my cat 1 attachments work fine on it. A 4 foot tiller is probably the best size for the 372.

And welcome. My sisters live in Virgina Beach....I'm vaguely aware of Suffolk

/ MT 372 & Tiller Box
Thank you for the reply, I have looked for information and just can't get a whole lot. I haven't bought it (yet) going to take a look at it Saturday up in Richmond. I like what I have read, but I see some posts that parts may be hard to find? Doing some research, and reading your post I'm a lot more comfortable with buying.
Yep, Suffolk is two cities west from the va beach. Great farm land, peaceful and 40 mins to the oceanfront!

/ MT 372 & Tiller Box #5  
Did you buy it? I just got off my 372 after mowing with it. It's one tough machine. I rebuilt mine. Maybe I can help you?
Yeah, they're only 12 hp at the PTO but they'll give you every last bit of it.

/ MT 372 & Tiller Box #6  
Has anyone ever had their S370 beaver or Mitsu MT372 dynoed ? I think they are underrated, mind feels like a 20-25hp tractor unless the modern 20-25hp tractors are overrated.... Good old KE70 is a beast of a motor :)