S370 diesel tractor will not crank over.

/ S370 diesel tractor will not crank over. #1  

passwordwm

Tractor
satoh S370 beaver
The battery is charged. What else could it be?

/ S370 diesel tractor will not crank over. #2  
Could be several things. Does it make any sound? Does it turn over but not start? You need to provide some more details.

/ S370 diesel tractor will not crank over. #3  
You'll need to give some more information. Typical usage of "crank over" means to spin the engine, but some people say "crank over" when they mean the engine is undergoing effective combustion and begins to run without a source of external power.

Has the tractor operated correctly recently? What, if anything, has changed?

If the starter isn't clicking, there is a failure to send electricity to the solenoid. Look for disconnected clutch safety switches, unhooked/corroded connections at the ignition switch, and perhaps the PTO lever in gear. (I don't know if that model has a PTO safety switch or not; I suspect it doesn't.)

If the starter clicks but the starter doesn't spin, there is insufficient contact between the main positive cable between the battery and the starter, and/or the grounding connections. Or, the starter is inoperable.

If the starter "clunks" but doesn't spin the motor, there is insufficient power (In the technical sense of volts*amps) to the starter, or there is something mechanically locking the engine in place. Ensure it is neutral everywhere and any hydraulic controls are fully down/in a free-flow position. If it still won't spin, a cylinder is full of fluid, the rings are corroded to the cylinder wall, or the engine has broken parts inside.

/ S370 diesel tractor will not crank over. #4  
Oops, Skylarkguy beat me to it; I wasn't trying to duplicate his post.

/ S370 diesel tractor will not crank over. #5  
284 int'l You were much more eloquent and helpful though :)

/ S370 diesel tractor will not crank over.
Could be several things. Does it make any sound? Does it turn over but not start? You need to provide some more details.

The last time I used it every thing worked fine. I went to use it to mow yesterday and tried to start it and the starter did not turn over at all,there was no noise. The light's on the dash worked. I checked the battery and it was charged .Every thing else is in neutral.

/ S370 diesel tractor will not crank over. #7  
Check the clutch safety switch and the connector on the starter solenoid. If those all check out, start tracing back to the switch. Since the lights work, you know power is getting to the ignition switch. From there you'll have to see if the wire to the solenoid is getting power or not, and isolate from there. You should be looking for a black and yellow wire, I think.

/ S370 diesel tractor will not crank over.
Thank-you, I will have to look at all that.