MY MT180 wont start

/ MY MT180 wont start #1  

blaze488

Tractor
Mitsubishi MT180HD
MT 180 just makes a clicking noise on that solenoid near the injector pump (RS of engine) when you turn the key. Engine doesn't turn over, I believe I can jump the starter solenoid and it will crank. Any ideas as to what that solenoid does and why isn't the starter engaging? All advise greatly appreciated.

/ MY MT180 wont start #2  
You've got a bad ground somewhere from the battery to the stater solenoid. place an old screw driver you don't want anymore between the two posts on the solenoid. The starter should engage.

MAKE SURE YOUR TRANSMISSION IS IN NEUTRAL!

If you didn't, I hope you took a video of you chasing your tractor through the back wall of your garage.
Don't ask how I know this to be the case. I make no admission to ANY alleged incident that may or may not have occurred.

/ MY MT180 wont start
MT 180 just makes a clicking noise on that solenoid near the injector pump (RS of engine) when you turn the key. Engine doesn't turn over, I believe I can jump the starter solenoid and it will crank. Any ideas as to what that solenoid does and why isn't the starter engaging? All advise greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the reply but I have fixed the problem. Jumping the starter didnt help start it. It cranked but didnt start. So I checked the Neutral saftey switch detent and that is what was prventing the starter engagement. Starts fine now, saftey switch was dirty.

/ MY MT180 wont start #4  
I get more interrupts from safety switches than I care to admit.
Of course, the safety switches do interrupt the catastrophe of a major component or, worse yet, injury.
So I just mutter to myself and sojourn on. Shaking my head. Asking would I have rather had the alternative failure/injury. Sigh

Someone's got to protect me from me.😉

/ MY MT180 wont start #5  
Where is this Neutral Saftey Switch located?
The Neuttral on the trans between hi and low gear?

/ MY MT180 wont start #6  

Most of the time, it's located along the clutch linkage, on my tractor, it's about 6 inches in front of my left foot when I'm on the tractor. A switch with a rubber boot on the upper side, two wires coming out of the bottom.

/ MY MT180 wont start #7  

I have same tractor!

It is on the side of the HI/LO selector.
disconnect the 2 wires that lead to the switch and connect them to each other. They are male and female so it is easy.
That bypasses the switch.

Hint:
as a theft deterrent disconnecting either lead will disable the starting mechanism. (that is my method to prevent casual theft)

/ MY MT180 wont start #8  
i am having the same problem with my tractor as well. i was using it to cut a field and i turned it off for a while and wen i came back to start it just slow clicking was all i got. i am not good with any type of mechanical repairs, so if anybody has a picture of the wires to bypass that switch it would be very helpful. or any other information as well that would be great. i just dont want to pay a roadside tractor repair service 200 dollars for something that i can do myself.

/ MY MT180 wont start #9  
Sounds like a dead battery.
Quick easy test would be to take the battery leads off, clean them with wire brush and sand paper real good and try to jump start it with jumper cables and a car/truck other tractor. Or, put a new known good battery in it.

/ MY MT180 wont start #10  
no its not the battery, its brand new and i put a emergency jump kit on it with no result. i thought it was the starter but im just not sure