Rebuilding a governor off a Satoh S650G.

/ Rebuilding a governor off a Satoh S650G. #1  

thedon

Tractor
Satoh S650G
Has anybody rebuilt the govermor on the S650G Satoh before. Mine is starting to leak oil from around the seals now. The manual kinda shows the break down and how to do it, but it doesn't give any part numbers for the bearings and seals. Thanks.

Last edited:
   / Rebuilding a governor off a Satoh S650G. #2  
governor.jpggovernor_0001.jpggovernor_0002.jpg
Hope these pages from the parts book can help.

/ Rebuilding a governor off a Satoh S650G.
Thanks for the pages from the parts manual, but I've got the same parts book. I tried taking those part numbers down to Napa auto parts store to see if they can cross match them and they couldn't find anything to match the small ones being used on the fork lever shaft. I don't want to start taking the governor apart, and risk damaging what's left of the seals, until I can find some new bearings and seals.

/ Rebuilding a governor off a Satoh S650G.
Thanks for your help, in finding some information on the governor. The two bearings 6200,6203 and the seal 16x30x8 are for the main shaft. I've already got those bearings and seals. The bearings and seals that I'm needing now are for the shaft that works the governor lever. These bearings and seals look to be smaller in the picture from the parts manual and the numbers for the bearings are ( RR9 ) and for the seals ( AS 2596 ). I've been having a problem trying to find those. Thanks