Just bought a Beaver...have questions

/ Just bought a Beaver...have questions #1  

DanB

Before I bought this tractor I did a little browsing around the forum but have a few simple questions.

The tractor I bought is a 1978 4wd with the fine spline PTO. It came with a back blade, 48" finish mower (it's blue and white), and 48" Woods brush hog. The tractor is in very good condition...garage kept it's entire life with the one owner. For the past ten years he has only used it to plow snow...old family friend so I know he's not blowing smoke. I paid $1,400.00 for everything. Was this a decent price??

First question...what is the max lift capacity of the Cat 0 three point?? My dad has a lot of attachments for his Kubota L2600DT that I would like to use...7' York Rake, row plow, and back scoop mainly. Can I switch the Cat 1 pins and use these items??

Last question...can the PTO be switched to a standard rotation with standard spline?? I have a place nearby that deals in Satoh parts but figured I'd check here first. Thanks.

Dan B.

/ Just bought a Beaver...have questions #2  
I'd say you got a real good buy. I can supply you with an adapter to a 6 spline shaft or a reverser. Email me for more information.

/ Just bought a Beaver...have questions #3  
Lift capacity is 1430 lbs. You can use cat. o pins on the implements in place of cat. 1. The physical size of the implements may be the controlling factor. There are no internal conversion parts to make this a standard pto. That was a terrific deal.

/ Just bought a Beaver...have questions
Thanks for the info, fellas. So far I have used the brush hog and back blade to do some cleaning around the yard...works well. The Woods brush hog seems to be more of a heavy duty mower than a true brush hog. But after playing with the height settings and the tractor/PTO speeds it does ok on small saplings and heavy golden rod. The tractor seems pretty light in the front with the Woods on. What did they make for counter weight on the front?? I've got several 12" diameter by 1" thick steel plates that I may make a nice counter weight out of.

I bought some Cat 0 pins from TSC on Tuesday. I may try swapping them onto the 7' York Rake when the ground firms up and see how that works.

Thanks again.