Satoh 650G Rear Differential is locked in Gear

/ Satoh 650G Rear Differential is locked in Gear #1  

ShilohfarmVa

Tractor
NH Powerstar T4.75 Cab Model with NH 655 Loader, Kubota RTV 1100C UTV, NH Rustler 850, CASEIH 75C Farmall CAB 2WD
My son has a Satoh 650G rear diff is locked in gear any thoughts :tractor::confused3:

/ Satoh 650G Rear Differential is locked in Gear #3  
Start spraying lube on every metal to metal contact, this includes control cables that run through tubes and where rods connect to rods.
I've had both tractors "lock up" in the last few years. On both of them it was what looked like a minor metal on metal rubbing. A good spray of Fluid Film and they were both working fine, and have been working fine since.
I've thw WSM's for both an neither ever mentioned lubricating the spots that needed it.
If nothing else it's a cheap first approach.

/ Satoh 650G Rear Differential is locked in Gear #4  
You mean the differential lock won't disengage, right?

As newbury said check all linkages first.

But assuming the foot pedal is directly attached to a shaft that goes into the transmission housing - pull up on the foot pedal and drive zig-zag to stress it with a left turn at smaller radius, then right. Assuming the hangup is inside the transmission this is likely free it up.

If that won't do it, you need to pull the top or rear cover off the transmission and see if something is rusted solid.