Mitsubishi R2500 Injector Pump issues?

/ Mitsubishi R2500 Injector Pump issues? #1  

Trevj

Tractor
BCS, FE-35, Mitsubishi 2500, Gravely 524 project
Recently became the owner of a Mits. R2500 that had been running until the head gasket went.

Made a copper gasket for that.

Now got no fuel out of the IP. Fuel reaches the bleed screw, so I am sure the fuel lift pump is working.

Any suggestions? Have tried the throttle lever in both forward and rearward positions.

Does this IP have a shut off solenoid hidden about itself, or am I pooched ad looking at a teardown of the IP?

Thanks!

Engine is a 2DR 10C, which I am led to believe was also used on a Massey 210
IP is a Nippondenso unit with several sets of numbers, none of which appear to cross reference to anything on the interwebs.

Cheers
Trev

/ Mitsubishi R2500 Injector Pump issues? #2  
what #'s do you have off the name plate.. 094500-????

/ Mitsubishi R2500 Injector Pump issues?
what #'s do you have off the name plate.. 094500-????

Alright, the full meal deal here.

From the top.

ND-PES2A60B320RND366
90000-366-0
11G0063 (this is stamped into the plate with a hand stamp)
34161-50290

That any use?

Cheers
Trev

/ Mitsubishi R2500 Injector Pump issues? #4  
The rack is stuck..Remove the side cover on the inj. pump..
Now pull the stop cable.. in the upper portion of the pump you'll see 2 gears.. they ride in a main control rack..
Using some penetrating oil & some finess' w/ a screwdriver and some well placed TAPS.. you should be able to get it free..
The segments move left to right..
Bump the engine over & watch the tappets on the bottom portion.. they should go up & down.. along w/ the springs..
IF they stay UP.. the pumping plunger is stuck..

OK.
First. THANK YOU! :)

Will clean the area then have a poke about and see if that is going to do it.

Had considered the possibility that it was the plungers and pondered butchering a grease gun to apply pressure back through the ports to maybe break it free, but was pondering also, that there are like to be check valves therein.

All my experiences with IP's have been the Bosch units on my VW Jetta, a while ago.

Pictures to follow, eventually.

Cheers
Trev

So.

Good news and bad.

The good. A fairly simple pump. The outlet check valves were lacquered to immobility. Cleaned them up and they were free moving.

The bad. What are parts availability like for these ND Injection Pumps? I have a plunger stem with a busted off end. Am I scrooged?

Are the parts somewhat generic amongst the family tree, or specific to the model? Matched assemblies (the plunger and plunger body)?

<sigh>

Or am I looking for a new motor to transplant? Or a IP swap?

Thanks.

Ugh.

I think I'll go work in the garden for a bit, and ponder.

Cheers
Trev

Oh yeah. Am I correct in figuring that the assembly with the oil dip stick, grafted onto the end of the injection pump, is the Governor?

Thanks.

Cheers
Trev

/ Mitsubishi R2500 Injector Pump issues? #8  
The plunger & barrels are mated.. sorry..
& the only way to get them out is thu the bottom.. that means the tappets need to be pinned & the camshaft has to come out, which inturn means, the governor has to come off.. Your looking at a complete tear down & overhaul..
The "good" part is> parts are redily available thru a fuel shop..
Sorry for your bad luck.. BUT.. I'm glad I could help get you this far & you didn't have to pay a mechanic/dealer to come get it & pay thu the nose for the diagnosis..{look on the bright side}
To bad you weren't closer.. I'd knock it out for ya..

No worries.

Been pondering making a new plunger, and whether to lap it to size or if a tool post grinder might do it.

Got any pictures to share?

Not afraid of diving in if I have to, but could use some backup in the way of part numbers or other data if it is available.

Thanks!

I know of at least one twin cyl Yanmar diesel in the area,, and have been pondering what it might take to butcher the IP to accept some of the readily available injector pump units out of China, mostly Yanmar clones, so if the parts are actually available, that's pure bonus!

Cheers
Trev

/ Mitsubishi R2500 Injector Pump issues? #10  
I'll try to take your #'s & get you some Denso P#'s..
Unless you have a CNC machine, don't even waste your time "trying" to make a plunger.. they have .002 micron clearances & precision helix cuts. and yes, they are lapped together.