New Mitsubishi owner unknown model

/ New Mitsubishi owner unknown model #1  

markct

Platinum Member
Tractor
gradall g3r excavator, kawasaki mule 2500,ford 8000,and a 1936 caterpillar road grader
I purchased a Mitsubishi compact tractor, the decals are missing from the hood but the previous owner thinks it was a "16...
something" from memory before the decals peeled off. I had a K3D engine and 52" wheelbase. All sheet metal is blue, chassis gray, and the serial number is TL8E-5923 can anyone help identify it? From pictures and videos online I'm leaning towards a MT 1601 DX as that seems to be the only model with transmission shifter on the left fender, however I can't find much info such as wheelbase to confirm this. Thank you

/ New Mitsubishi owner unknown model
And how the heck do I post a picture, have been absent from here for years and now the whole page looks all different!

Ok I think I figured it out and two pictures should be attached

Attachments

• KIMG1889.jpg
    KIMG1889.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 100
  • KIMG1888.jpg
    KIMG1888.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 83
   / New Mitsubishi owner unknown model #4  
My MTE1800FD has the transmission shifter on the left fender. It has T1-8E-50632 on the tranny and K3D cast on the side of the engine. Engine S/N 26739 and a V1 loader.

Sounds like a possibility then indeed, your transmission number is very similar. Any idea what wheelbase is on yours or could you get a rough measurement when you get a chance. Tractor data shows the 1800 being 57" but that's often inaccurate on that website. I can't believe Mitsubishi didn't put a tag somewhere on these instead of just relying on the decals!

Last edited:
   / New Mitsubishi owner unknown model #6  
My MTE1800FD, the FD means it is a 4x4 tractor, shows to be 53" wheelbase best I could measure kneeling down beside it. It also has a three speed PTO controlled by a lever on the left of the tunnel. The 4x4 lever is on the right of the tunnel and further forward. I will try to get some pictures if I can get a camera working.
Bryce

That certainly sounds like it could be a match! Mine too has three speed pto on the left and 4x4 on the right.

Well I guess we must be in the ballpark since I ordered a new steering sector gear that fits "1401 1601 180 1801 2000 2001 210" and it fit perfectly, so I would assume it's within that range of models. Got my injection pump back from rebuilder and installed it, basically just need to refill all the fluids and finish rewiring it and should be ready to run!