NEW MEMBER Need help with MT372, hydraulics, motor info...school me!

/ NEW MEMBER Need help with MT372, hydraulics, motor info...school me! #1  

Kruzrod

Tractor
Mitsubishi MT372 1973
Hi guys. I need some help with a tractor I picked up. It starts up and runs pretty good. My question is on the hydraulics. I want to build a loader for it. That I am more than capable of doing. I have built plenty of hot rods and am a design engineer by day. That said my tractor knowledge is about as good as speaking ancient greek. I see one hose under the seat? is that the one for my hydraulics? It would be great if i could get some info and pictures of some set ups, and general things to keep an eye on, or motor things to stay upon on. I have never had a diesel engine before on anything I have owned.

/ NEW MEMBER Need help with MT372, hydraulics, motor info...school me! #2  
I'd suggest the simplest source of hydraulic power for a FEL would be to drive the pump via the crankshaft pulley.
Mitsubishi even offered a crankshaft adaptor designed to power a mower and I used it via a U-joint and mounted the pump on the cross beam.
Also there is an adaptor available to split the engine hydraulic power just for FEL's but while I originally was powered via it I found the FEL to be very slow a the engine pump has minimal, OK for 3-point but lacking for FEL.
Also that adaptor (splitter, if you wish) is rare and costly.

NB, my front hydraulic power set up is 8 or 10 years old and has been flawless and I use the FEL like it was a skid steer.
The FEL is a Shultz, very rugged unit that seems designed specifically for the Mitsu.

/ NEW MEMBER Need help with MT372, hydraulics, motor info...school me!
GOOD INFO! thanks
so on the MT372 and tractors of that size. how much should FEL lift? to spec out the correct hydraulic parts i need to know how much can the tractor frame and front end support? 500 pounds??900?

does anyone know the flow rate out of the hydraulics in the rear put out?

/ NEW MEMBER Need help with MT372, hydraulics, motor info...school me! #5  
GOOD INFO! thanks
so on the MT372 and tractors of that size. how much should FEL lift? to spec out the correct hydraulic parts i need to know how much can the tractor frame and front end support? 500 pounds??900?

LOL, don't have the specs off hand but when I tackle a too big a rock I lift my rear end with loaded tires off of the ground. Nothing broke yet.
I'd stab a guess at around 900 lbs. My loader is a Shultz, nice rugged unit, which I installed a tooth bar on for digging.

I believe the flow on The 180D is 3 or 3.5 gpm., could not say for your 372 but I'd guess similar.
My engine is a K3 and I'd presume the K3 family all use the same hydraulic pump.

/ NEW MEMBER Need help with MT372, hydraulics, motor info...school me! #6  
Loaders were rated for 500 lbs. for that size of tractor. Keep water out of the fuel. Maintain glow plug operation. The engines are known to wear cylinders relatively quickly. Change oil frequently. I would recommend every 50 hours. The rest of it is basically bullet proof - timing GEARS not belt, simple design, low stressed parts due to low specific power, reliable.

THANKS GUYS!

my tractor cam with a rear set of turf tires. No rims though. Where would one buy a rear tractor rim for a mt372. I would like to have both tire types on rims in case I ever need the non turf set

/ NEW MEMBER Need help with MT372, hydraulics, motor info...school me! #10  
Theres a guy in oregon that I found on the Los Angeles craigslist that is parting out a bunch of mitsubishi, satoh, bolens, and iseki stuff. The posting has expired, but I still have his email link from craigslist. Not sure how much shipping would be for those, but maybe worth a shot if your local craigslist doesnt have anything.